Crappy update! Boeboe's had some eating problems lately :(

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Sounds like Boeboe is a challenge. Be patient and let Tincture of Time (best medicine in the world) work. Ice cream might be the way to go to help with the meds as other members in the forum use this to get their bullies meds into them.

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I open up the probiotic capsules for Wally and sprinkle it on his food then mix it up real good. Have you tried that? I'm assuming the meds probably taste bitter so maybe you could stir in some broth to hide the bitter taste… Gosh I'm sorry you are having such a time w/her. It truly NEVER ends for you :(

Is it OK to open up Antibiotic capsules? I'm very green with pills, for myself I avoid them like the plague. She's cracked both capsules I've given her open, I think she swallowed most of the powder but some went on the floor:( I've been stressing a lot about that. At least I got her to take the cortisone in one sitting, she tried to spit them out, but I had managed to get them far back enough, so she couldn't:whew: I'm not sure it's a good idea for me to break the pill and mix with food since I can never be sure if Boeboe will even look at what I give her:blink: Just now I fed her some kibble with rice and mince... I don't know how she does it but she manages to pick out the mince and leave the rest:facepalm2:.
I still have to give her another antibiotic capsule today, I'm planning on trying to hide it in a piece of chicken breast that's in the making right now... I went to get ice cream but the ice cream machine was broken:glare: just my kind of luck... lol.

Sounds like Boeboe is a challenge. Be patient and let Tincture of Time (best medicine in the world) work. Ice cream might be the way to go to help with the meds as other members in the forum use this to get their bullies meds into them.

Thank you Roger, she's a handful right now. Thankfully it's not forever, just have to survive this week and hope for the best:tongue:

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Thank you Roger, she's a handful right now. Thankfully it's not forever, just have to survive this week and hope for the best:tongue:

Well Petra until she is better, I think BoeBoes new Swedish name is "My" or rebellious woman.

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Well Petra until she is better, I think BoeBoes new Swedish name is "My" or rebellious woman.

Lol, she's got a lot of names, right now a few I only use in my head...:bitching: I love her, she's my little teddy<3 but she's cheap these days;)

I got very proud of her tonight when I gave her the antibiotics, she ate it in a piece of chicken breast without even noticing:dance3: so today we're done:w00t: Miracles still happen, lol.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lol, she's got a lot of names, right now a few I only use in my head...:bitching: I love her, she's my little teddy<3 but she's cheap these days;)

I got very proud of her tonight when I gave her the antibiotics, she ate it in a piece of chicken breast without even noticing:dance3: so today we're done:w00t: Miracles still happen, lol.

Alright Boeboe...way to go girl.....make mommy happy and do the Snoopy Happy Dance. :rundog: Well it's the closest thing to a Snoopy Happy Dance in the forum's smilies toolbox. Jewel and Bentley say to get well soon Boeboe.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:jumpdance::jumpdance:Boeboe!! [MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION] I guess you have already tried Peanut Butter. That is what worked for mine! They love it.

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
:jumpdance::jumpdance:Boeboe!! @Petra I guess you have already tried Peanut Butter. That is what worked for mine! They love it.

Ja, she wasn't interested:blink: but maybe she was just not in the mood for that at that specific moment... I will try it again:) Right now chicken breast has worked great, she's taken her pills now without issues for two whole days:whew:

Her face looks much better too:)

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ja, she wasn't interested:blink: but maybe she was just not in the mood for that at that specific moment... I will try it again:) Right now chicken breast has worked great, she's taken her pills now without issues for two whole days:whew:

Her face looks much better too:)

Well that is great news. Keep up the good work Boeboe...you will be back to normal pretty soon.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Good news [MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION],on two days of pills! Hope she will continue!:yes:

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Continuing to send healing thoughts and prayers to you and Boeboe [MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION] and wishing you both a happy and healthy new year :)

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi @Petra How's Boeboe doing? I just thought I would check.

Thanks Roger, she's doing great:) The cortisone she's been on for the hives makes her eat like a horse, so for now I've got no problems getting her to eat. She'll gobble down anything:tongue: lol.

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Have you isolated the cause of her hives? At any rate, we are glad to hear she is doing better.

Ja... I think so... basically every year around this time one of them usually get hives:( I think it's from flea bites since we don't treat them for fleas during the winter. So it's my fault for not keeping up with the tropical treatment:ashamed: I just hate to put stuff on them if it's not needed... and I counted on our chickens to keep the fleas away this year but it seems it doesn't work that way. We got the tropical treatment for them all now so all should be fine:)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online