Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
@Petra Have you ever thought-colitis or ebs? Have you tried giving her pepcid(or pepto before she eats?) Sorry if I am repeating..computer is mean to me!

Sorry, I meant IBS...

I haven't really thought anything:eek: I just assumed she's picky and that's why she doesn't eat sometimes... Both colitis and IBS seems to cause issues with the stool? Boeboe's is usually normal, just this morning her poop was fine but this afternoon after I basically force fed her a piece of chicken she pooped slime:unsure:

I gave her Ulsanic just now, hoping it will help her tummy a little... and I made her rice and chicken that I'll feed her an hour from now since the Ulsanic needs an hour before I can feed her.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Yes, [MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION], both would cause bowel and intestinal/stomach issues. I don't know Ulsanic-is it antibiotic?

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
She puked once earlier, it was just white foam, no blood or anything. I've also checked her poops, I've not seen any blood in it previously and it has been firm but tonight in the slime poop I thought it looked like there might have been a little blood but it's hard to say:( It wasn't fresh blood if it was blood at all... it was an area in the slime that looked darker brown, could have been blood. ****, this sucks:*( I hate it when they're not feeling well:moping: She's been happy otherwise today, she doesn't seem to feel bad, she just doesn't want to eat... and now she hates me cos of the Ulsanic:gloom:

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes, @Petra, both would cause bowel and intestinal/stomach issues. I don't know Ulsanic-is it antibiotic?

She was on antibiotics that she finished on Monday. Ulsanic is for ulcers... it helps protect and sooth the stomach lining. Here's the info about it.

Ulsanic Suspension Orange 100ml gets to work fast to provide relief from heartburn, stomach cramps and pains, indigestion, nausea and acid reflux. It also helps with peptic ulcers and to soothe an inflamed stomach lining.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, that sounds like something that would be in the line of helping her problem-but not every medicine is right for all. I sure wish you could find the answer-I know you sure do.

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, that sounds like something that would be in the line of helping her problem-but not every medicine is right for all. I sure wish you could find the answer-I know you sure do.

I got the Ulsanic from the vet, along with antibiotics and probiotics, but the vet didn't know what the cause is, she just prescribed this as a starter route... I read up on Colitis and IBS and it can absolutely be it, if she keeps getting ill I'll suggest it to the vet and take it from there. I have a problem now since our regular vet closed down:( and the vets around here aren't used to bulldogs... i guess we'll take her back to the vet we were at about a week ago since she knows now what she prescribed and so on...:unsure:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION] I hope something can be figured out soon.....:heart:

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Good luck [MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION], I'm sorry you guys are still going through this and I hope Boeboe feels better soon :)

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
I've tried to feed her chicken breast and chicken sausage with rice today, she refused! Tonight I ordered chicken breast for me from the local restaurant and of course Boeboe wanted the chicken... she was even excited about it so I gave it to her. I tried to smuggle some of the "old" chicken in but she caught it and refused to eat it:ohmy: I don't know how she can even tell the difference, it's both chicken breast... The important part is that she ATE a little at least...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I've tried to feed her chicken breast and chicken sausage with rice today, she refused! Tonight I ordered chicken breast for me from the local restaurant and of course Boeboe wanted the chicken... she was even excited about it so I gave it to her. I tried to smuggle some of the "old" chicken in but she caught it and refused to eat it:ohmy: I don't know how she can even tell the difference, it's both chicken breast... The important part is that she ATE a little at least...

There smell is like 200 tines ours so she can Probably smell that chicken came from a different part of town [emoji3] at thus point i'd give her whatever she can keep down

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
There smell is like 200 tines ours so she can Probably smell that chicken came from a different part of town [emoji3] at thus point i'd give her whatever she can keep down

She's eating fine now again, not very hungry in the mornings but eats a little. She's always been like that though so I'm not worried about that. Stocked up on beef mince today so I'll be making meatballs for the rest of the weekend... She also got her beloved pond back so now she can drink that yucky water:fie:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION] Guess you'll have to take her to the restaurant and let her check out the menu, and order what she wants! "I'll have that special chicken, and a pint of pond water"

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
How is Boeboe feeling now?

She seems fine Carolyn, thanks for asking:) She only puked up a little white foam that one time about 10 days after the vet visit, it was just before I opened up the pond again... now she's enjoying a gallon of yucky pond water every day so her tummy is nicely full of... fish crap and algae:blink:

Some days she eats like a pig and some days she's very picky, but as long as I get her to eat something from the "smörgåsbord" she's fine:) I have to have a few different things prepared for her so there is something that will be good enough for the Queen of Pickiness:tongue:

Most Reactions