Crappy update! Boeboe's had some eating problems lately :(

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Re: Boeboe's had some eating problems lately :(

Thank you:) The house our vet was located in got sold because they are planning a big office building there :( His team got split up and the last thing I heard was that he's going to England to work there. We'll find another vet eventually, I just have to ask around a bit... it's not easy to trust someone else, especially not since we've been so happy with Dr. Dave as we call him. I have one in mind but he's about 200 km from where we live... the distances here are crazy, it's frustrating when you can't find what you need fairly close by:(

No kidding! I am constantly amazed that you manage so well under such trying circumstances. I hope that you find someone close by that you trust.

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey

No kidding! I am constantly amazed that you manage so well under such trying circumstances. I hope that you find someone close by that you trust.

Haha, Erin thank you, that made me laugh, that's funny:tongue: I don't have any regrets, but if I had known bulldogs like I do now, and also knowing I'd end up in a small town in Limpopo, I think I would have gone for a different breed... The "bushveld" as it's called it's not for sissies:no: lol. I think many times we spend more money on getting to the vet than on the actual vet visit... The vets up here aren't expensive but when we come through the door it's probably the first time they've seen a bulldog:mellow: so for more serious things we have to get to Pretoria which is the capital and the biggest city close to us. It's about 160 km away. I had hoped we could move back to the city eventually cos with age I assume some more serious issues can arise. Joey turned eight a couple of months ago and Boeboe and Bennie will both be six in beginning of 2016 so they're not youngsters anymore. My biggest fear is that something that will require emergency attention will happen and that we won't make it to a vet in time, but as long as I do my best I have to have peace with what ever happens.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

How is Boeboe today [MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION]?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto

Sorry Petra, I'm just reading this. Happy to hear thar Boeboe is doing well though. This time this vet seems to have got it right...I was thinking the the same medication except the antibiotics. Good that he had the sence of giving probiotics too. The blood most likely was just that her throat was sore from the throwing up. Sending positive and healing thoughts you way...

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names

How is Boeboe today @Petra?

She's doing well:) She hates the Ulsanic medicine though, it's a cream like liquid I have to squirt into her mouth 3 times a day, it tastes like orange... maybe that's the problem:unsure:

She eats little at a time but I'd assume that's good at this stage so she always have something in her tummy.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

She's doing well:) She hates the Ulsanic medicine though, it's a cream like liquid I have to squirt into her mouth 3 times a day, it tastes like orange... maybe that's the problem:unsure:

She eats little at a time but I'd assume that's good at this stage so she always have something in her tummy.

No more vomiting? Blood?

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names

No more vomiting? Blood?

No, she hasn't puked since Tuesday night. She puked twice then, the second one had the blood in. Since we were at the vet she's been normal, no puking and she's eating as she should. I've checked her poop and pee too, nothing strange, all normal:)

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

No, she hasn't puked since Tuesday night. She puked twice then, the second one had the blood in. Since we were at the vet she's been normal, no puking and she's eating as she should. I've checked her poop and pee too, nothing strange, all normal:)

Wonderful! :)

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names

I just wanna update on Boeboe:)

She had her last antibiotics yesterday morning, she's doing good but I'm pretty sure she would have been fine without antibiotics too... She needs to eat early in the morning, snack at noon and then dinner before bed so she's got something in her tummy. She is very difficult in the mornings, she doesn't really want to eat but as long as I can get her to eat a little it has been fine.

The Ulsanic medicine was a mess, she really really REALLY hated it so I didn't stick to 3 times/day:ashamed: I did 2 times/day for three days and then only 1 time/day up until yesterday. I have never in my life seen her as sad as after I gave it to her, felt horrible. I'm still giving her the probiotics, it should last for a few days more.

I wish she was a bit happier about food, she'll only accept really nice food and snacks, she's unfortunately spoiled:blush2:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

She had her last antibiotics yesterday morning, she's doing good but I'm pretty sure she would have been fine without antibiotics too... She needs to eat early in the morning, snack at noon and then dinner before bed so she's got something in her tummy. She is very difficult in the mornings, she doesn't really want to eat but as long as I can get her to eat a little it has been fine.

The Ulsanic medicine was a mess, she really really REALLY hated it so I didn't stick to 3 times/day:ashamed: I did 2 times/day for three days and then only 1 time/day up until yesterday. I have never in my life seen her as sad as after I gave it to her, felt horrible. I'm still giving her the probiotics, it should last for a few days more.

I wish she was a bit happier about food, she'll only accept really nice food and snacks, she's unfortunately spoiled:blush2:

So happy she is back to herself. Did you open the pond back up for her? LOL

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

so good to hear she is improving.... continued positive thoughts and prayers for it to stay that way

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names

So happy she is back to herself. Did you open the pond back up for her? LOL

No... not yet, I wanted her to finish the antibiotics cos the probiotics is in her drinking water... I was scared if I opened the pond she wouldn't get enough probiotics... I'll let her drink from the pond as soon as she's done with it all:)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini

Good to hear that Boeboe is doing better! [MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION]

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
This morning Boeboe didn't want to eat again:( I gave her chicken, but no luck, I even tried to put some in her mouth and make her eat it but she spit it out. The small piece I did get her to eat she pooped out 30 minutes later... or it wasn't poop, it was watery with some slime and two chicken pieces in:fie: This is how it's been for the past 1 1/2 month. She's fine for 1-2 weeks, eats with good appetite, no poop issues, it looks nice and solid. Then she doesn't want to eat in the morning, she goes out, eats grass and pukes, then in the evening she eats again and she's fine again for a couple of weeks:unsure: I just don't get it...

Can this be something serious or is she just picky? I don't understand, cos she's fine for so long and then it's just for one day she's acting like this, then she's fine again. I guess I have to start looking around for a proper vet:(

I took the cover off the pond now and she drank... I'm hoping it will be it... but if she continues to have these days we'll need to have some tests done. Any ideas of that it could be if it's not simple pickyness?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@Petra Have you ever thought-colitis or ebs? Have you tried giving her pepcid(or pepto before she eats?) Sorry if I am repeating..computer is mean to me!

Sorry, I meant IBS...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online