Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 73 to 84 of 91

Thread: Crappy update! Boeboe's had some eating problems lately :(

  1. #73
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,624
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)
    1544

    Default Re: Crappy update! Boeboe's had some eating problems lately :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    Thank you Carolyn It was dermatitis just as I thought... I think she got it from a flea bite. We got tropical treatment for fleas and Antibiotics and Cortisone to treat the dermatitis so she should be fine now The vet took a test on the infected area to make sure it wasn't something else and it came back clean

    My problem now will be to get her to eat her pills... she can smell a pill from a mile away, through steak and meatballs I hate putting them down her throat, the look she gives me is so sad I'm gonna make some meatballs now and hope it works for a few days at least...
    Maybe try a variation on Italian wedding soup out of pond water and meatballs

  2. Likes rjisaterp, Petra, 2BullyMama, Biogirl71 liked this post
  3. #74
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Petra's Avatar
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Location
    Naboomspruit, South Africa.
    Posts
    2,880
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)
    1384

    Default Re: Crappy update! Boeboe's had some eating problems lately :(

    Tried to give Boeboe her antibiotics hidden in some sausage and cheese last night but as usual she caught it and spit the pill out Tried to put it down her throat but she somehow managed to break the capsule and the powder went all over the floor This morning same thingI spent two hours trying to get her to first eat her food, mince wasn't good enough, made pancakes, wasn't acceptable. Finally after trying everything I could find in the kitchen she decided that the sausage I tried to give her last night was what she wanted I asked my husband to give her the antibiotics cos I can obviously not do it properly... he failed and again powder went all over the floor


    She's really difficult in the mornings, later in the day and evenings she eats usually without any issues but she flippin' HAS to eat at least a little in the mornings so she wont puke again, especially now when I have to give her pills. I'm gonna get ice cream today, she's got a sweet tooth so maybe it will work... I normally don't give them things that's sweet but I'm gonna make an exception for now to hopefully make things easier on all of us...

    Her face looks horrible from the dermatitis but it looks like it's starting to dry and heal... I haven't found any new spots on her so that's good

    I put the "spot on" tick and flea treatment this morning, I'm very hated among them all right now


    I'm also looking around to see if other people here in South Africa with Bulldogs have ever given their dogs the Milbemax de-worming. I'd like to know how it went for them before I decide if I'm going to give it to Boeboe... If people say that's what they use and they've had no issues I'm going for it.
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.



  4. #75
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,729
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5587

    Default Re: Crappy update! Boeboe's had some eating problems lately :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    Tried to give Boeboe her antibiotics hidden in some sausage and cheese last night but as usual she caught it and spit the pill out Tried to put it down her throat but she somehow managed to break the capsule and the powder went all over the floor This morning same thingI spent two hours trying to get her to first eat her food, mince wasn't good enough, made pancakes, wasn't acceptable. Finally after trying everything I could find in the kitchen she decided that the sausage I tried to give her last night was what she wanted I asked my husband to give her the antibiotics cos I can obviously not do it properly... he failed and again powder went all over the floor


    She's really difficult in the mornings, later in the day and evenings she eats usually without any issues but she flippin' HAS to eat at least a little in the mornings so she wont puke again, especially now when I have to give her pills. I'm gonna get ice cream today, she's got a sweet tooth so maybe it will work... I normally don't give them things that's sweet but I'm gonna make an exception for now to hopefully make things easier on all of us...

    Her face looks horrible from the dermatitis but it looks like it's starting to dry and heal... I haven't found any new spots on her so that's good

    I put the "spot on" tick and flea treatment this morning, I'm very hated among them all right now


    I'm also looking around to see if other people here in South Africa with Bulldogs have ever given their dogs the Milbemax de-worming. I'd like to know how it went for them before I decide if I'm going to give it to Boeboe... If people say that's what they use and they've had no issues I'm going for it.
    I open up the probiotic capsules for Wally and sprinkle it on his food then mix it up real good. Have you tried that? I'm assuming the meds probably taste bitter so maybe you could stir in some broth to hide the bitter taste… Gosh I'm sorry you are having such a time w/her. It truly NEVER ends for you

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  5. #76
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    rjisaterp's Avatar
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Posts
    5,145
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    3874

    Default Re: Crappy update! Boeboe's had some eating problems lately :(

    Sounds like Boeboe is a challenge. Be patient and let Tincture of Time (best medicine in the world) work. Ice cream might be the way to go to help with the meds as other members in the forum use this to get their bullies meds into them.

  6. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  7. #77
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Petra's Avatar
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Location
    Naboomspruit, South Africa.
    Posts
    2,880
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)
    1384

    Default Re: Crappy update! Boeboe's had some eating problems lately :(

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I open up the probiotic capsules for Wally and sprinkle it on his food then mix it up real good. Have you tried that? I'm assuming the meds probably taste bitter so maybe you could stir in some broth to hide the bitter taste… Gosh I'm sorry you are having such a time w/her. It truly NEVER ends for you
    Is it OK to open up Antibiotic capsules? I'm very green with pills, for myself I avoid them like the plague. She's cracked both capsules I've given her open, I think she swallowed most of the powder but some went on the floor I've been stressing a lot about that. At least I got her to take the cortisone in one sitting, she tried to spit them out, but I had managed to get them far back enough, so she couldn't I'm not sure it's a good idea for me to break the pill and mix with food since I can never be sure if Boeboe will even look at what I give her Just now I fed her some kibble with rice and mince... I don't know how she does it but she manages to pick out the mince and leave the rest.
    I still have to give her another antibiotic capsule today, I'm planning on trying to hide it in a piece of chicken breast that's in the making right now... I went to get ice cream but the ice cream machine was broken just my kind of luck... lol.


    Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    Sounds like Boeboe is a challenge. Be patient and let Tincture of Time (best medicine in the world) work. Ice cream might be the way to go to help with the meds as other members in the forum use this to get their bullies meds into them.
    Thank you Roger, she's a handful right now. Thankfully it's not forever, just have to survive this week and hope for the best
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.



  8. Likes ddnene liked this post
  9. #78
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    rjisaterp's Avatar
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Posts
    5,145
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    3874

    Default Re: Crappy update! Boeboe's had some eating problems lately :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post

    Thank you Roger, she's a handful right now. Thankfully it's not forever, just have to survive this week and hope for the best
    Well Petra until she is better, I think BoeBoes new Swedish name is "My" or rebellious woman.

  10. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
  11. #79
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Petra's Avatar
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Location
    Naboomspruit, South Africa.
    Posts
    2,880
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)
    1384

    Default Re: Crappy update! Boeboe's had some eating problems lately :(

    Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    Well Petra until she is better, I think BoeBoes new Swedish name is "My" or rebellious woman.
    Lol, she's got a lot of names, right now a few I only use in my head... I love her, she's my little teddy<3 but she's cheap these days

    I got very proud of her tonight when I gave her the antibiotics, she ate it in a piece of chicken breast without even noticing so today we're done Miracles still happen, lol.
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.



  12. Likes 2BullyMama, Biogirl71, bullmama liked this post
  13. #80
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    rjisaterp's Avatar
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Posts
    5,145
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    3874

    Default Re: Crappy update! Boeboe's had some eating problems lately :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    Lol, she's got a lot of names, right now a few I only use in my head... I love her, she's my little teddy<3 but she's cheap these days

    I got very proud of her tonight when I gave her the antibiotics, she ate it in a piece of chicken breast without even noticing so today we're done Miracles still happen, lol.
    Alright Boeboe...way to go girl.....make mommy happy and do the Snoopy Happy Dance. Well it's the closest thing to a Snoopy Happy Dance in the forum's smilies toolbox. Jewel and Bentley say to get well soon Boeboe.

  14. Likes 2BullyMama, Petra, CCandMurray liked this post
  15. #81
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Manydogs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    10,649
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)
    6680

    Default Re: Crappy update! Boeboe's had some eating problems lately :(

    Boeboe!! @Petra I guess you have already tried Peanut Butter. That is what worked for mine! They love it.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

  16. #82
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Petra's Avatar
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Location
    Naboomspruit, South Africa.
    Posts
    2,880
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)
    1384

    Default Re: Crappy update! Boeboe's had some eating problems lately :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    Boeboe!! @Petra I guess you have already tried Peanut Butter. That is what worked for mine! They love it.
    Ja, she wasn't interested but maybe she was just not in the mood for that at that specific moment... I will try it again Right now chicken breast has worked great, she's taken her pills now without issues for two whole days

    Her face looks much better too
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.



  17. Likes 2BullyMama, Biogirl71, CCandMurray liked this post
  18. #83
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    rjisaterp's Avatar
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Posts
    5,145
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    3874

    Default Re: Crappy update! Boeboe's had some eating problems lately :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    Ja, she wasn't interested but maybe she was just not in the mood for that at that specific moment... I will try it again Right now chicken breast has worked great, she's taken her pills now without issues for two whole days

    Her face looks much better too
    Well that is great news. Keep up the good work Boeboe...you will be back to normal pretty soon.

  19. Likes CCandMurray, Petra liked this post
  20. #84
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Manydogs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    10,649
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)
    6680

    Default Re: Crappy update! Boeboe's had some eating problems lately :(

    Good news @Petra,on two days of pills! Hope she will continue!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

  21. Likes CCandMurray, Petra liked this post
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •