Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you get your vet to prescribe than sell you your pet's medication?

Dog Park Attendant
    Real Name
    Madie (Maydee)
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How do you get your vet to prescribe than sell you your pet's medication?

yes I have also learned it is as simple as asking, otherwise you're stuck paying the high high high vet prices. I usually ask for a script to be written up unless frank is really sick and we just need to get home and get him to bed with meds immediately.

2. Likes harveyspecter liked this post
    Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How do you get your vet to prescribe than sell you your pet's medication?

Quote Originally Posted by madie4589 View Post
    yes I have also learned it is as simple as asking, otherwise you're stuck paying the high high high vet prices. I usually ask for a script to be written up unless frank is really sick and we just need to get home and get him to bed with meds immediately.

thanks, I will do that. I am just taken aback when you go to the counter and the counterperson start keying in all the line items at their prices.
    Hug your bully today

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

This is an excellent thread @harveyspecter

In my case, my vet has been cheaper than my local pharmacy. But it's a small family owned drug store, not a Rite-Aid. Granted, I haven't tried every time, just once and without a script. Just walked in and asked what they would charge me for a specific antibiotic.
    But if one of my mine needed to be on medication long term, I would use 1800petmeds. I found them to have the best prices.

5. Likes harveyspecter liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads