Need help with any tips for surviving the dreaded cone and eye swelling after surgery

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Ughhh so we're one week in today and naturally Murray figured out how to take off and bite a hole in the zen cone so we're onto zen cone #2. Does anybody think I have even a remote shot at getting my money back from the first one if I try to return it? I'm thinking of trying and seeing what happens

I'd try it!

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
I'm going to try! Will let you guys know if the mission is a success or failure lol

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Well folks, we go to the vet in the morning and thank god because at this point the cone and I are losing the battle and possibly the war to Murray with the cone. We've gone through one soft cone (he chewed through it) and two blow up cones the second of which was today and I discovered it when I got home from work not in enough time to get to petco before they closed to get a replacement so he's coneless :( which Murray is loving but I'm concerned about. I haven't seen him touch his eye but it does look more red today than usual and what's worse is I feel like where he was neutered the former 'bulge' is not as flat as it should be...granted neither of these are my areas of expertise. I'm just hoping we get good news at the vet tomorrow and not bad news like he needs cone number three and or additional surgery :( please keep your fingers crossed and good thoughts that we get some good news tomorrow at the vet!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well folks, we go to the vet in the morning and thank god because at this point the cone and I are losing the battle and possibly the war to Murray with the cone. We've gone through one soft cone (he chewed through it) and two blow up cones the second of which was today and I discovered it when I got home from work not in enough time to get to petco before they closed to get a replacement so he's coneless :( which Murray is loving but I'm concerned about. I haven't seen him touch his eye but it does look more red today than usual and what's worse is I feel like where he was neutered the former 'bulge' is not as flat as it should be...granted neither of these are my areas of expertise. I'm just hoping we get good news at the vet tomorrow and not bad news like he needs cone number three and or additional surgery :( please keep your fingers crossed and good thoughts that we get some good news tomorrow at the vet!

can you get a picture of the 'buldge'.... is it red/irritated at all?

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Not red or irritated fortunately but I can't take a picture because I had to drop Murray off at home we got a flat tire on the way home from the vet so he's home and I'm waiting to get a new tire put on. The vet said he's healing normally and everything looks good and that his eye is healing well but it could be a couple months before it looks like the swelling/redness is completely gone. No more cone and Murray can return to normal activity so we're both pretty excited about that!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Not red or irritated fortunately but I can't take a picture because I had to drop Murray off at home we got a flat tire on the way home from the vet so he's home and I'm waiting to get a new tire put on. The vet said he's healing normally and everything looks good and that his eye is healing well but it could be a couple months before it looks like the swelling/redness is completely gone. No more cone and Murray can return to normal activity so we're both pretty excited about that!

Great news on Murray --- not so much for the car

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

Great update! Yeayyy to no more cone!

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
Yeah no more cone..We are off to get Abbotts stitches out tomorrow and I pray this is the last surgery and cone forever.lol He's had his cone on since the 4th and he's done well with it.Update tomorrow!!! And yes the swelling does take awhile to completely go back to normal

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
[MENTION=11987]Christie H[/MENTION] we'll be thinking of you and Abbott tomorrow and are hoping and praying this was the last surgery and you get good news tomorrow please keep us posted. Hugs from Murray and I :)

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
Ok so Abbott had to get a shot to calm him some and alittle gas so they could remove his stitches.He still has the cone for a few more days because it's tender and he was pawing at them.The vet said his left eye may not be where it's suppose to..Sigh..so we take him back in 2 weeks for a follow up.He is eating and doing well and wants lots of attention :)Him and Wheezie were resting at the vets.. uploadfromtaptalk1450205680771.jpeguploadfromtaptalk1450205718561.jpeg

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Abbott buddy I'm sorry you can't catch a break! I hope you guys get better news at the follow up. I feel for you in the meantime!! Poor guy :( looks like Wheezie is doing a good job being supportive :) feel better soon Abbott!

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Great update!!! It's like heAven has opened its gates when he bet says "no more cone"! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.