Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Need help with any tips for surviving the dreaded cone and eye swelling after surgery

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Need help with any tips for surviving the dreaded cone and eye swelling after surgery

Quote Originally Posted by CCandMurray View Post
    Not red or irritated fortunately but I can't take a picture because I had to drop Murray off at home we got a flat tire on the way home from the vet so he's home and I'm waiting to get a new tire put on. The vet said he's healing normally and everything looks good and that his eye is healing well but it could be a couple months before it looks like the swelling/redness is completely gone. No more cone and Murray can return to normal activity so we're both pretty excited about that!

Great update! Yeayyy to no more cone!

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

2. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Christie H's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Need help with any tips for surviving the dreaded cone and eye swelling after surgery

Quote Originally Posted by CCandMurray View Post
    Not red or irritated fortunately but I can't take a picture because I had to drop Murray off at home we got a flat tire on the way home from the vet so he's home and I'm waiting to get a new tire put on. The vet said he's healing normally and everything looks good and that his eye is healing well but it could be a couple months before it looks like the swelling/redness is completely gone. No more cone and Murray can return to normal activity so we're both pretty excited about that!
    Yeah no more cone..We are off to get Abbotts stitches out tomorrow and I pray this is the last surgery and cone forever.lol He's had his cone on since the 4th and he's done well with it.Update tomorrow!!! And yes the swelling does take awhile to completely go back to normal

4. Likes CCandMurray, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

@Christie H we'll be thinking of you and Abbott tomorrow and are hoping and praying this was the last surgery and you get good news tomorrow please keep us posted. Hugs from Murray and I

6. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Christie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Ok so Abbott had to get a shot to calm him some and alittle gas so they could remove his stitches.He still has the cone for a few more days because it's tender and he was pawing at them.The vet said his left eye may not be where it's suppose to..Sigh..so we take him back in 2 weeks for a follow up.He is eating and doing well and wants lots of attention Him and Wheezie were resting at the vets.. -uploadfromtaptalk1450205680771-jpeg-uploadfromtaptalk1450205718561-jpeg

8. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

Abbott buddy I'm sorry you can't catch a break! I hope you guys get better news at the follow up. I feel for you in the meantime!! Poor guy looks like Wheezie is doing a good job being supportive feel better soon Abbott!

Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Great update!!! It's like heAven has opened its gates when he bet says "no more cone"! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

11. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
    Real Name
    Christie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for all the support,it's important we all stick together in our bully parenting

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads