Real Name
    Paula
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Greco
    Likes (Received)

Default Sick Baby

Good Afternoon I am new to this site and this is the first time I post. I have a 6 month old english bulldog he has been on Taste of the wild since I got him at 9 weeks he seems to like it. My concern is this morning he barked around 6 I went over to where he sleeps to find a kennel full of diarrhea. He has not pooped in his kennel since he was about 12 weeks. Yesterday I gave him some carrots in tiny pieces as treats not sure if that is the cause of his diarrhea but he goes out to poop and then red/ pinkish blood runs down his back side. he is acting and eating normal otherwise.
    what can I do? would some pepto bismol help?
    sorry I cant even focus on typing im so scared for my baby would truly appreciate any help

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Sick Baby

He could have ripped his rectum a little with the diarrhea causing a little bleeding.
    But to be honest, I would take him to the vet. The carrots should not have caused this type of reaction.
    And no, I wouldn't give any Pepto.

3. Likes Vikinggirl, CCandMurray liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

agree --- carrots would not have done that and n pepto ..... take a poo sample to the vet and have him checked as well...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

5. Likes nycbullymama, Vikinggirl liked this post
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulita89 View Post
    Good Afternoon I am new to this site and this is the first time I post. I have a 6 month old english bulldog he has been on Taste of the wild since I got him at 9 weeks he seems to like it. My concern is this morning he barked around 6 I went over to where he sleeps to find a kennel full of diarrhea. He has not pooped in his kennel since he was about 12 weeks. Yesterday I gave him some carrots in tiny pieces as treats not sure if that is the cause of his diarrhea but he goes out to poop and then red/ pinkish blood runs down his back side. he is acting and eating normal otherwise.
    what can I do? would some pepto bismol help?
    sorry I cant even focus on typing im so scared for my baby would truly appreciate any help
    hi, I agree with others comments, carrots are a healthy snack or treat for dogs, and would not cause diarrhea, but there are many other causes of diarrhea in puppies, such as ingestion of a foreign object, ( could he have swallowed something, you don't know about?, a toy, socks, etc?), he could have a virus or picked up a parasite, it could be from food sensitivity or allergy. There are so many things that can cause diarrhea in a puppy, I would take a poop sample and bring him to the vet to have him check him out. He can tell if he has any parasites, or if he has swallowed something. I hope Greco is okay and it's nothing serious. Please keep us posted.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member punky's Avatar
    Real Name
    gail
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
    Likes (Received)

i am not much help but do agree with others.. i would call vet also maybe do bland diet until you can see whats going on with him.. i know i am really careful with what i give my dogs because the seems no matter what i give them if they are use to it they get diarrhea but never had this problem with carrots.. i hope you can get him some help soon and it gets better soon. good luck and welcome aboard,,,

8. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to EBN @Paulita89 !!! I hope Greco feels better soon, please let us know how you make out! Murray has had bouts of diarrhea too but none with bleeding, he swallowed a chicken wing bone but after a week of the bland diet he was back to his usual self

Real Name
    Leda
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Big (Notorious B.I.G.)
    Likes (Received)

Hi, @Paulita89! I'm also new to the site, but when we had this problem (diarrhea, no blood) with my then 12-week old puppy last month, we did what others already suggested:
    For 24 hours, we fed him only broiled chicken (no salt, no nothing, just chicken brest broiled) and rice (again, so salt, nothing). Lots of water to keep him hydrated.
    Then he was better and we went back to the kibble, but we also had his stool checked at the vet. We were lucky cause all the results came negative.
    By the way, after the diarrhea stopped, it took longer for Big to poop, but that was solved within 1 day =)
    Good luck and keep us posted!

11. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Paula
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Greco
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for all the advice and responses. I took him in they tested his poop and came back negative.. Thank God. Vet says he probably ate something out in the yard he wasnt suppose to. They sent him home with medication for the diarrhea and a couple cans of w/d. He's back to himself although still has diarrhea.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulita89 View Post
    Thank you for all the advice and responses. I took him in they tested his poop and came back negative.. Thank God. Vet says he probably ate something out in the yard he wasnt suppose to. They sent him home with medication for the diarrhea and a couple cans of w/d. He's back to himself although still has diarrhea.
    If the diarrhea continues on that food.. Take him back and asked if they checked for giardia--- sometimes vets do not test for that unless you ask them too
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    X
    Likes (Received)

We had the same problem. Dr Ralphie recommends the following. Fromm Puppy Food in the Pink bag. No carrots, no treats only the puppy food. Your problem will go away.

Real Name
    Paula
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Greco
    Likes (Received)

Good Morning - looks like Grecos tummy is feeling better we are back to normal poop. we did bland diet for couple days no treats.

16. Likes NewEnglandBully, 2BullyMama liked this post

Remove Ads