julie1990

Dec 1, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
Roxy has recently( within the last 7 days) become very itchy. We just returned from visiting my parents and I can only assume something has irritated her. She uses hypoallergenic shampoo along with medicated shampoo and already takes benadryl twice daily for allergies. She is rubbing and scratching herself raw. I have put hydrocortisone on her which seems to help some but this itch attack is still happening. Is there anything anyone suggests to rub on her skin or meds to help relieve her?
Julie

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
You can try coconut oil as it is anti-fungal/bacterial. It may or may not help. You can also use gold bond powder/spray. Just not the ones with the menthol in them.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You can try coconut oil as it is anti-fungal/bacterial. It may or may not help. You can also use gold bond powder/spray. Just not the ones with the menthol in them.

agreed.... poor girl, [MENTION=15150]julie1990[/MENTION] I hope it settled down and was just something from your parents place.

Most Reactions