Slow Growth

BosNReno09

Feb 23, 2011
Lewisville, Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Boston and Reno
Hi, I am new to the forums and I have a question about my 5 months old bully Reno.

He seems to be perfectly healthy and the vet says that he looks great! However, I am a little concerned that he is 5 months old and only weighs 17lbs. His sister, who the breeder still has weighs 35 already and his other sister was not far behind that. I expressed my concern with our Vet when we took him in to get his shots last week and he said that there is no need to worry, he is growing how he is suppose to. My other bully weighed in the 20s when he was 5 months old and just seemed so much larger than Reno, our puppy. I know that there is no predetermined size that they all have to be, but since we got him in December he has only gained 6lbs.

Has anyone else had a smaller bully? Is this more common than I think and I am just worrying for no reason?

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
oh man , I could go on and on about my Bella. She was 8lbs at 5 months, that is an extreme, but a concern. She got the diagnosis of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency and within a month of medication, she gained twice her weight. I know this is a weird question.....how are his :poo:? does he eat like he never eats?

If he is healthy has muscle tone and active, you most probably don't have to worry.

OP
BosNReno09

BosNReno09

Feb 23, 2011
Lewisville, Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Boston and Reno
He is extremely active and eats normal. His :poo: is normal and the vet did fecal test that came back fine. So maybe I am just concerned for no reason at all but he just seems sooooo small.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Just be patient, maybe he hasn't hit a big growth spurt yet. As long as he is acting normal, it may just be a matter of time. Trust me, you will enjoy a smaller bully.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
enjoy him before he has a growth spurt you will be wishing he was that same size in a yr lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.