Help Needed! Bulldog puppy chin sores

Diesel10

Nov 29, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting so I hope I'm doing this right! I have a 7 month old English bulldog puppy. Recently he has developed sores on his chin. Originally we thought they were from playing too rough, as they started to crack and bleed. After doing some (okay a lot) of researching, I think he may have an acne infection. The earliest I was able to get into his vet is in a week. I'm just wondering what I can do to help him in the mean time. The sores don't seem to bother him. I use stainless steel bowls and have cleaned them, as well as all his bedding and plastic toys. I wash his face and wrinkles after he eats. Yesterday i applied lanacane (antibacterial cream) to them, too soon to see a difference I think. Please let me know if you've had this problem before!!

Thanks!

Shay&Diesel image.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ouch... Poor boy! You can use clearsil wipes too... Does he have any other sores or itching?

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Poor baby! I haven't gone through this but Murray has had a bit of chin acne and I wipe his face with duoxo wipes which I was initially overcharged for at the vet but thanks to my EBN friends now I buy them for half the price on Amazon! Good luck and let us know how you make out!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
If they aren't raw, you can wipe them with a little witch hazel or peroxide at night before bed and it helps dry it out. I do this for Ruckus, but he's never had this big of a patch.

tyree213

Nov 26, 2012
New Orleans
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert, Scarlet
Gold listerine works great for that acne. It's really not that serious. Creams sometimes wont work because they dont dry them out.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.