Bogey416

Nov 18, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bogey and Juice
Hello,

So Bogey got some dehydrated 100% beef green tripe the other day along with some dried beef liver. I've read that there are a lot of health benefits of green tripe so I decided to give it a whirl. He got a reaction from either the liver or tripe as that is the only new protein he got in the past 48 hours. I'm going to stop the beef liver but I'm curious to know if I should switch the beef tripe as well.. I know it sounds silly and you're probably saying "of course you do!", however, I've read a comment the other day on this forum that someone was concerned that the NuVet plus supplement might cause a reaction to their chicken allergic bully (nuVet contains chicken liver).. The answer was that it was okay and that they wouldn't have this issue.

Does someone have any advice or experience with this? He seems to love it but there isn't a lot he doesn't like, Especially when they smell this funky. Thanks in advance!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm not familiar with dehydrated products, but how did he react?

OP
B

Bogey416

Nov 18, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bogey and Juice
From what I understand, dehydrated products are removed of their natural moisture.

The Bogey licked his paws and was scratching his face.. For now no beef for Bogey... Maybe I'll try some bison tripe instead.. He can tolerate it without any reaction except drool... Lots of drool...

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I'm thinking beef doesn't agree with him, unless there's other ingredients included in the tripe and liver.

OP
B

Bogey416

Nov 18, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bogey and Juice
I'm thinking the same thing jeebus... Nope.. only thing listed on the ingredients is liver and tripe... I'll donate the treats I guess... Thanks for the reply!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Tripe is usually well tolerated, I would first ditch the liver and try tripe alone. When having allergci bully its usually god to give one new thing at the time so you know what causes the reaction, now your're not sure which it was...

OP
B

Bogey416

Nov 18, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bogey and Juice
Tripe is usually well tolerated, I would first ditch the liver and try tripe alone. When having allergci bully its usually god to give one new thing at the time so you know what causes the reaction, now your're not sure which it was...

Good point RiiSi!.. I guess I got a little excited and wanted Bogey to have a good experience at his new home. I'll keep off the liver for sure and give a small amounts of the tripe and see how he tolerates it. Thanks for the advice!! Much appreciated!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online