Excessive Humping

Brettwp

Oct 3, 2015
Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Margarita
We have a four year old rescue that is fixed and appears to have had at least one litter.
I walk her to try and drain some energy, but she spends a lot of time "humping".

Is this normal? What can/should we do?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It can be normal for some.... a lot of times it is because they are over excited with the current activity. I have a 1 yr old neutered male and when he is play he gets so excited he will hump air --- I normally just say 'off' and he stops

Miss Charlotte

Jan 31, 2015
Elizabeth,NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlotte
Yep my charlotte as well. Only when playful and excited and just have to shoooo her away and she stops ---sighhhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Brettwp

Brettwp

Oct 3, 2015
Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Margarita
We had a Pit bull that would do the same thing. But, Margarita humps to the point of exhaustion!! She then last there and tries to catch her breath.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Rosie is a app 4 month old female and after play with the rest of the pack she can sometimes start to hump whatever is close , i am hoping she will grow out of it we will see , think it is just over excited talk to them comely and or distract there excitement

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We had a Pit bull that would do the same thing. But, Margarita humps to the point of exhaustion!! She then last there and tries to catch her breath.

OH boy, that is not good.... can you try to redirect her energy to a toy or bone?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.