Bogey416

Nov 18, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bogey and Juice
Sup guys!!.. Bogey has been awesome since we've picked him up last week and he's adjusting well.. He came to us with a blocked tear duct and for the past few hours his eye has been getting pretty red.. More than usual... Only thing I can think of is we gave him some beef liver and green beef tripe as treats... He's eating Acana Duck and Pear and Orijen Tundra treats (no beef) with no reaction since we got him.. Maybe he's allergic to beef??.. Licking paws for the first time since we got him, scratching his face, GAS.. :bad:..

So far Bogey is getting his Acana, coconut oil and plain Greek yogurt.. His poops has never been that solid.. More on the soft side...

How can I take care of Bogey's blocked tear duct issue? Not looking at the surgery route.. Just some maintenance advice would be great!.. I can't tell if those are tear stains developing either... Thanks for the help!!!! IMG_20151123_211812.jpg
IMG_20151123_231858.jpgIMG_20151123_211808.jpg

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
just to be clear, are you speaking about the white part of his eye(eyeball) or the pinkish skin next to his fold?
You can apply a warm washcloth to his eye to help unblock - was he diagnosed from his previous vet or your vet?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How old is Bogey?

warm wash cloth as Laurie suggested should help.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus is allergic to Beef. If you want to give treats, Wellness has a great snack of fruit and yogurt bars. My guys love them and no reactions! My bet also told me to be careful even if the treats say they have no beef in them, most are cured in beef broth.

OP
B

Bogey416

Nov 18, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bogey and Juice
Thanks for the advice and comments!!. Really appreciate it!. I'll try the warm cloth for now and see if it helps.

The eyeball gets red but more so the part pinkish part next to his eyeball.. Correct.. Bogey was diagnosed with a blocked tear duct.. They're hoping that he will grow out of it seeing that he's only 8 months old...

Wellness... Yes!! Sounds like what I'm looking for. You people are awesome!!.. Cheers!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.