Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
I thought we were through with having to worry about ticks this year, apparently I was wrong. We just found one on the inside of Bass' thigh the other day…crazy New England weather, lol.
He has had both rounds of the Lyme vaccine, but it's primarily the co-infections that worry me when it comes to tick bites. Thankfully he is showing no signs of illness but after this past summer's crazy tick infestation, I can't help relive the fear of him possibly contracting Lyme disease and other tick born illnesses.

For those of you that live in New England or those that want to know more on the matter, I'm including an article that I recently read that talks about a dog contracting Lyme, what the warning signs were and how it was handled. I like it, because it mentions Dr. Sam Telford III, Sc.D., M.S. (very knowledgeable doctor!).

Lyme disease poses deceptive, deadly threat to dogs - Gate House

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I hope everything works out ok, Lyme is scary stuff.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I use Bravecto. It doesn't stop ticks but it does kill them off within 24 hours, and I believe it takes something like 48 hours for them to get infected.
We have found dead ticks on my guys.

We spend our weekends in upstate NY, but the rest of the week we're in the city so I don't vaccinate against Lyme.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ticks freak me out..... hate the little buggers. I use Vectra-3D to repel them and I also get the lyme vaccine because we live up against wood area and we have deer/rabbit in the yard all the time

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Yes! I was surprised to be finding them, sparingly at the time, a couple weeks ago.
Last week i brushed one off of Winslow, then came in and saw four more!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.