CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Goob was about 8 months old when he was playing with his little puppy friends and I saw this bulge in the corner of his eye. I FREAKED!. I was ready to go to the Emergency Vet, called my husband, and asked him to get home right away. He reminded me about the cherry eye issues (THAT I HAD RESEARCHED) and to try and massage it in. I told him I couldn't do it. I was too scared to try. Thankfully he encouraged me to at least try and so...I did. I slowly massaged and pressed downward on his eyelid and it went away. It has happened a handful of times in the last 4 years and each time, I massage it in and life goes on.

I would encourage you to try. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. If it massages in and pops out again, maybe it will be long enough to wait for his insurance to kick in again. Good luck...you never know if you never try. :yes:

****Sorry, got to this thread a little late...hope everything went well at the vet
It went pretty well, he's going to have the surgery next Thursday when he gets neutered. I thought a lot about trying to massage it back in but my vet recommended against it which is probably for the best because I would worry that I would somehow end up hurting his eye or making it worse :(

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
So tomorrow's the big day, in dropping Murray off at the vet and then going to work and leaving at 3 to pick him up, wish I could've taken the day off but my boss was already off so it got denied :( admittedly I am freaking out a bit worried because I won't be there when he wakes up and will he scared because it's not the vet office that we usually go to and the people there don't know us as well. I'm sure I'm probably overreacting a bit and will worry about it until I pick him up and see for myself that he's ok

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
It is always a scary thing to leave them at the vet. I am sending many positive thoughts to Murray for his surgery tomorrow.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So tomorrow's the big day, in dropping Murray off at the vet and then going to work and leaving at 3 to pick him up, wish I could've taken the day off but my boss was already off so it got denied :( admittedly I am freaking out a bit worried because I won't be there when he wakes up and will he scared because it's not the vet office that we usually go to and the people there don't know us as well. I'm sure I'm probably overreacting a bit and will worry about it until I pick him up and see for myself that he's ok

Lots of prayers and positive thoughts

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Thank you for the positive thoughts Murray and I really appreciate them :) I managed to keep it together while I was dropping him off this morning but lost it a little bit when I got back to the car. At work now, I'll feel better once they call between 1-2 to say everything went well and he's going to be fine! The girl who checked us in at the desk has a bully too so that made me feel a little better to know she'll be there with him today.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you for the positive thoughts Murray and I really appreciate them :) I managed to keep it together while I was dropping him off this morning but lost it a little bit when I got back to the car. At work now, I'll feel better once they call between 1-2 to say everything went well and he's going to be fine! The girl who checked us in at the desk has a bully too so that made me feel a little better to know she'll be there with him today.

We are all with you in sprit..... keep us posted and you stay busy!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Murray will do great! Its probably better you aren't there when he wakes, because you don't want them getting overly excited. Its such a hard thing to do - sitting and waiting. But like @2BullyMama said - keep busy.... and before you know it - you'll be going to pick him up! Keep us posted!

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
You guys are the best thank you so much :) I'm doing my best to keep busy. Honestly I think a big part of why I'm freaking out so much is because I work in an emergency room and I know how quickly things can turn south when there's an anesthesia emergency so my brain is going there even though I'm sure there is no reason to and that he'll be just fine. The vet who is doing the surgery helped train our regular vet and has bully experience. I'll keep you guys posted!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w

Yeah, we know how you feel. It's tough knowing they're going under, then playing the waiting game to hear back.
But I'm sure he'll do fine. Positive thoughts, positive thoughts are a must!

Keep us updated.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=14810]CCandMurray[/MENTION] Maude just had surgery on both eyes and nose, on Mon. I know how you are feeling. You have a good vet,and that is important,as he has all bases covered. I am praying for Murray,that all goes well, and he will be home with you! Sending positive vibes to you!

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
[MENTION=14810]CCandMurray[/MENTION] Maude just had surgery on both eyes and nose, on Mon. I know how you are feeling. You have a good vet,and that is important,as he has all bases covered. I am praying for Murray,that all goes well, and he will be home with you! Sending positive vibes to you!
I saw!! I was reading your thread and meant to respond! How is she doing with the cone?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=14810]CCandMurray[/MENTION] I don't know who hates the cone more-both of us! It gets caught on every thing,though she is learning to motivate better with it. I've been through this before,but I get stressed out about it,because I feel bad for the one who has to wear it.
I get the looks like "why are you doing this to me,Mommy?" It's a 2 week guilt trip!

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
I know :( our babies will be little cone heads together! I was looking at your thread last night and saw all the different cones they probably hate me already at the vet because I asked to take both the hard and soft one home and will definitely be inquiring about the pillow one! I even ordered the Vetericyn spray on Amazon in case he gets hot spots

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
We're home! The vet said his eye was going to be swollen for a few days but that everything should be alright! Here's my cone head boy image.jpeg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.