UTI / Blood

Daphnee

Apr 7, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
daphnee
Our 10.5yo girl,most likely has a UTI.. She's been peeing alot outside, and piddled a couple spots inside, which seems to be a reddish tinit.. Question is, we have some fresh Cephalexin, should we just start giving it to her without a Vet trip?? I gave her a dose tonight and was going to give an am/pm dose tmrw. I have been out of work since August and money is very tight. Should we try the meds for a couple days then try the Vet if she's not better? or just go on Monday?
Thanks

linda4568

Aug 7, 2010
Eagle River, Ak
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, Biggy, Pickles, Deebo, Hoss
  1. Our 10.5yo girl,most likely has a UTI.. She's been peeing alot outside, and piddled a couple spots inside, which seems to be a reddish tinit.. Question is, we have some fresh Cephalexin, should we just start giving it to her without a Vet trip?? I gave her a dose tonight and was going to give an am/pm dose tmrw. I have been out of work since August and money is very tight. Should we try the meds for a couple days then try the Vet if she's not better? or just go on Monday?
I would take her in...she might have stones. The meds might help if strong enough.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our 10.5yo girl,most likely has a UTI.. She's been peeing alot outside, and piddled a couple spots inside, which seems to be a reddish tinit.. Question is, we have some fresh Cephalexin, should we just start giving it to her without a Vet trip?? I gave her a dose tonight and was going to give an am/pm dose tmrw. I have been out of work since August and money is very tight. Should we try the meds for a couple days then try the Vet if she's not better? or just go on Monday?
Thanks

It might work, but UTI's are tricky in what antibiotic they respond to so it may be better to take her in and not let it get worse.

sorry to hear about the lose of work.... I do ope something comes up for you

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.