Thread: UTI / Blood

Bully Bootie Duty
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    daphnee
    Likes (Received)

Default UTI / Blood

Our 10.5yo girl,most likely has a UTI.. She's been peeing alot outside, and piddled a couple spots inside, which seems to be a reddish tinit.. Question is, we have some fresh Cephalexin, should we just start giving it to her without a Vet trip?? I gave her a dose tonight and was going to give an am/pm dose tmrw. I have been out of work since August and money is very tight. Should we try the meds for a couple days then try the Vet if she's not better? or just go on Monday?
    Thanks

Bulldog(s) Names
    Cleo, Biggy, Pickles, Deebo, Hoss
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: UTI / Blood

1. Quote Originally Posted by Daphnee View Post
      Our 10.5yo girl,most likely has a UTI.. She's been peeing alot outside, and piddled a couple spots inside, which seems to be a reddish tinit.. Question is, we have some fresh Cephalexin, should we just start giving it to her without a Vet trip?? I gave her a dose tonight and was going to give an am/pm dose tmrw. I have been out of work since August and money is very tight. Should we try the meds for a couple days then try the Vet if she's not better? or just go on Monday?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daphnee View Post
    Thanks
    I would take her in...she might have stones. The meds might help if strong enough.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: UTI / Blood

Quote Originally Posted by Daphnee View Post
    Thanks
    It might work, but UTI's are tricky in what antibiotic they respond to so it may be better to take her in and not let it get worse.

sorry to hear about the lose of work.... I do ope something comes up for you
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Remove Ads