Harley decided to swallow a rubber door stopper...

Staninator

Nov 3, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley
Hey Everyone,

Little Harley (12 weeks) has been through a bit after we got her! She has recovered from Coccidia and has so much energy now but she decided to swallow the rubber cap from a door stopper. We took her to the vet to induce vomiting yesterday morning but nothing came out. They have been feeding her Prescription Diet w/d since it has high fiber as we are still waiting for her to pass it. The food doesn't look good at all but she eats it. It solidifies her poop at this point and she doesn't seem to be pooping in large quantities. When she was on the blue buffalo, he poops were smaller.

She seems to be doing okay at this point. She's usually sleepy in the mornings (she's sleeping right now) but I'm worried about it getting stuck. Do you guys think she'll be okay and how long could it be before she passes it? She swallowed this yesterday morning around 6:30 am so it's been a little over 24 hours.

Thanks!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Bullies eat just about anything they can get in thier mouths. You will want to watch for signs of vomitting, not eating, not drinking, swelling, straining for a bowl movement, or if she starts acting extremely unusual. As parents of bullies, we all try our best to keep them out of trouble but sometimes it just happens, so don't beat yourself up. My girls have eaten so many things (crayons, socks, sticks, rocks (yeah, try to get all the rocks out of their reach,,,,,not happening) shoes, wall edging, curtains, books, stuffing for toys and pillows, shower curtains, barbie arms and legs, etc. The list is endless what my girls have eaten in their quest to destroy their house (yeah, its theirs, I think I am the tenant). Just watch her for a few days and it should pass, keep the vets number on stand-by just in case. My girls are two and four plus the great dane (Ralph) is 2, and Austin the Catahoulia is 1. Eyes must be on them at all times or they will play tug of war with the lawn furniture; Ralph decided to drag the lawn mower across the yard the other day because it was bothering him and Amber just loved the opportunity to attack the wheels once it was turned over. My point: you just have to watch them and hopefully everything will be ok. Good luck!

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They LOVE to keep us on our toes!! Are you talking about the little white cap on the door stop? It may take a few days for it to pass thru.... if she starts to vomit get runny poo or not eating, I would get back to the vet.

:welcome3: to EBN!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=12554]harveyspecter[/MENTION] has said it all in one short sentence..........Welcome to EBN!! This is the place of happy times, and disasters! (and help, and prayers!)

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
If it's the little rubber cap on a door stop (springy or not), I wouldn't worry about it too much. I think it should pass through pretty easily. Just watch her for signs of not feeling good--but we watch for that anyway, right?

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Oh goodness. :( are you sure she ate it??
I know it's a reach haha, but it wasn't until i i scared my vet and they told me to come immediately, that i stepped on the glasses lens that i was certain Winslow ate! :faint:

Hope all goes well!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I could take up to a week to pass. You have to be on strict poop patrol and disect each poo to see if it comes out. You may not be able to see it if you are just looking at the poo. You have to really get in there! lol Believe me, I have done this more than once!! Good luck and welcome to EBN!

OP
S

Staninator

Nov 3, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley
Thanks for the responses everyone! She seems to be pooping fine but I keep squishing it every time and don't find anything. I'm not 100% certain that she did eat it but I was in the bathroom and she was outside the door and I heard the spring. She has energy and is actually eager to run around outside. She's eating and everything but I'm just preoccupied with thinking that thing is inside her. The vet said that if it's not out by Sunday, then she probably didn't eat it.

Cross your fingers!

Thanks for the welcome :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.