Mcleanb7

Dec 1, 2014
SC
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Chubbs
Mr. Chubbs has three white toes that have always had white nails. They are starting to grow out a reddish-black color. Not sure if this is a sign of a problem or not.

He is also having problems with allergies that have involved the skin on his face and the areas in between his toes. He is licking the one with the white paws a lot lately and on both front paws he has swollen skin between his toes.

Haven't been able to tell if anything is wrong with the other nails as they are all black. He doesn't seem to be hurting at all or walking any differently.

Any insights from you Bully experts would be appreciated!
image.jpeg

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Hi Brittany,

The discoloration could be caused either by some trauma (blood vessel popped inside the nail) like, if Mr. Chubbs nail got caught on a pockmark on the sidewalk or something, or it's a fungal infection from him licking it so much.

Seems like he is developing some kind of allergy to something. Fall season has several allergens flying in the air. See if you can figure out what's causing the allergies and I have a feeling that will also solve the problem with the nail.

OP
Mcleanb7

Mcleanb7

Dec 1, 2014
SC
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Chubbs
Yeah, I do believe he has some kind of fall allergy. Thanks!

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
I've posted on this topic a few years ago about Bo. His nails are constantly changing colors. Some are all black, some all white, some are black and white. Not sure what it's from??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Mcleanb7

Mcleanb7

Dec 1, 2014
SC
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Chubbs
I talked to a vet tech at my vet's office. She said just change in pigmentation with age? I'm still not sure it's not a fungal thing

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.