My bully is defecating in the house when at work : ( What to do?

janinez107

Oct 23, 2015
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Mable
Hi all, I have had Mable as a rescue bully for nearly 2 years now and she is a lovely natured dog. She has suddenly became very attached to me to the point of me not being able to stand up without her getting off the sofa. Not only that every time we are at work the dog visiter comes midday to let her out and there is urine and feaces everytime..I do not know what to do as I hate the though of Mable being stressed and also it's not really fair on the lady that has to clear it up each day :mellow: I do 8-6 three days a week so it's not all the time, we are even putting lino in the living room as our laminate floor is ruined. I am taking her to the vets tonight to check I am not missing anything health wise, other than her eye looking pinker than normal can't see anything.

Anyone had this and managed to solve it? I would consider getting another bully as a playmate but she hates other dogs - well acts that way whenever she meets one lol

Your help would be much appreciated x

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It is good you are having her checked for health issue.... is she contained to a room or does she have free rein of the home?

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Get her checked for health issues and invest in a crate. It may sound terrible but it is good for them; they will not go to the bathroom in the place they have to stay unless they are extremely sick. All of mine are crated while I am at work because mine are hellions and will destroy the house. I have four crates in my livingroom and each one knows which crate is theirs. It just works out best for all concerned. Good luck.

OP
J

janinez107

Oct 23, 2015
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Mable
Hi, the vet did not see any problems he thinks it is behavioral, and has told us to modify the way we leave and enter the house etc.. She has free reign of the living room we leave the tv on for her with her toys around. I know most people crate them, I just don't believe in it and I would feel awful (not judging your decisions just me personally), I think I would prefer to clean up the mess which might sound crazy to most! I am going to try modifying our behaviour and see if anything improves fingers crossed.

tyree213

Nov 26, 2012
New Orleans
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert, Scarlet
Seperation Anxiety..... A crate is actually a better idea to break that habit until he becomes comfortable enough to be left out. The crate becomes a 2nd home, a safe place where your dog doesnt have to be nervous. For the most part even those dogs that dont like it at first end up loving it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online