Help Needed! Vet Costs in Toronto Ontario area outrageous.. Any suggestions??

volhok

Jan 23, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley, Lola
Greetings All,

My 5 year old EBD Harley is going through some health issues and we are trying to determine what is wrong with her. I took her to my current Vet today for some tests and I think these prices are WAY too expensive. Don't get me wrong, I WILL PAY ANYTHING to keep my girls happy and healthy but I feel I am getting overcharged for services. I could be wrong but I've done some research here and it appears as though I am getting gouged. I do have health insurance which will help offset the costs but still.

Here is a list and pricing for the services so far with more to follow:

Office exam 72
xray/radiograph set up fee 80
xray radiograph per plate 60x4= 240
blood collection 25
wellnes 2 bloodwork 130
Boarding 28- the vet wanted us to leave her there
leptospira spp real ipcr test 110
ultrasound-abdomen 300
ultrasound-cardiac 350
total 1335 + Taxes=$1508

I switched to this vet because my other vet was price gouging me on everything from exams to prescriptions. I interviewed a number of vets before I switched to this current one and her prices and services were reasonable and much cheaper than the first vet. Everything has gone well with my new vet until my current crisis with Harley. Does anyone who lives in the Toronto or surrounding area have any recommendations for a good vet who doesn't charge outrageous prices? Or, are these prices correct?

I have uploaded a video which you may find interesting as well.

Barking Mad - Marketplace - CBC News

Cheers
David

Lucyinthe6ix

Nov 29, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Greetings All,

My 5 year old EBD Harley is going through some health issues and we are trying to determine what is wrong with her. I took her to my current Vet today for some tests and I think these prices are WAY too expensive. Don't get me wrong, I WILL PAY ANYTHING to keep my girls happy and healthy but I feel I am getting overcharged for services. I could be wrong but I've done some research here and it appears as though I am getting gouged. I do have health insurance which will help offset the costs but still.

Here is a list and pricing for the services so far with more to follow:

Office exam 72
xray/radiograph set up fee 80
xray radiograph per plate 60x4= 240
blood collection 25
wellnes 2 bloodwork 130
Boarding 28- the vet wanted us to leave her there
leptospira spp real ipcr test 110
ultrasound-abdomen 300
ultrasound-cardiac 350
total 1335 + Taxes=$1508

I switched to this vet because my other vet was price gouging me on everything from exams to prescriptions. I interviewed a number of vets before I switched to this current one and her prices and services were reasonable and much cheaper than the first vet. Everything has gone well with my new vet until my current crisis with Harley. Does anyone who lives in the Toronto or surrounding area have any recommendations for a good vet who doesn't charge outrageous prices? Or, are these prices correct?

I have uploaded a video which you may find interesting as well.

Barking Mad - Marketplace - CBC News

Cheers
David

Hi there
We are also from Toronto Canada. We are looking for a good vet that has bulldog experience. Just wondering if you have any luck? Or know any vets in Toronto.
Thanks

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
that was interesting for sure.... sometimes each 'little' part of the bill looks ok but then added up kinda blows ya away. So far, I am real happy with Hanks dr. Prices and all. not cheap by any means, but look about right. Canada and US are very different though.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I live in Toronto, personally feel vet prices here are very expensive as well. I heard the Bathurst-Dupont animal hospital may be a bit cheaper, but it's not a"bulldog" vet.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
You guys should see Alberta. Coming from Montreal which there's millions of people "just" on the island of montreal, I have NEVER seen so many vet clinics, dental clinics, walk in clinics and especially massage therapy clinics in AB... :facepalm2:. And when I say NEVER I mean NEVER! Alberta is the oil province so 90% workers have insurances so thats why they have tons of all sorts of clinics. Red Deer is central of AB...the clinics are at ever corner! Probably why they have so many massage therapist. You can twist your neck looking at them all side to side, back n forth etc! :w00t:

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
You guys should see Alberta. Coming from Montreal which there's millions of people "just" on the island of montreal, I have NEVER seen so many vet clinics, dental clinics, walk in clinics and especially massage therapy clinics in AB... :facepalm2:. And when I say NEVER I mean NEVER! Alberta is the oil province so 90% workers have insurances so thats why they have tons of all sorts of clinics. Red Deer is central of AB...the clinics are at ever corner! Probably why they have so many massage therapist. You can twist your neck looking at them all side to side, back n forth etc! :w00t:

this cracked me up!!! lololol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online