Thread: Vet Costs in Toronto Ontario area outrageous.. Any suggestions??

Real Name
    David
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harley, Lola
    Likes (Received)

Default Vet Costs in Toronto Ontario area outrageous.. Any suggestions??

Greetings All,

My 5 year old EBD Harley is going through some health issues and we are trying to determine what is wrong with her. I took her to my current Vet today for some tests and I think these prices are WAY too expensive. Don't get me wrong, I WILL PAY ANYTHING to keep my girls happy and healthy but I feel I am getting overcharged for services. I could be wrong but I've done some research here and it appears as though I am getting gouged. I do have health insurance which will help offset the costs but still.

Here is a list and pricing for the services so far with more to follow:

Office exam 72
    xray/radiograph set up fee 80
    xray radiograph per plate 60x4= 240
    blood collection 25
    wellnes 2 bloodwork 130
    Boarding 28- the vet wanted us to leave her there
    leptospira spp real ipcr test 110
    ultrasound-abdomen 300
    ultrasound-cardiac 350
    total 1335 + Taxes=$1508

I switched to this vet because my other vet was price gouging me on everything from exams to prescriptions. I interviewed a number of vets before I switched to this current one and her prices and services were reasonable and much cheaper than the first vet. Everything has gone well with my new vet until my current crisis with Harley. Does anyone who lives in the Toronto or surrounding area have any recommendations for a good vet who doesn't charge outrageous prices? Or, are these prices correct?

I have uploaded a video which you may find interesting as well.

Barking Mad - Marketplace - CBC News

Cheers
    David

2. Likes Lucyinthe6ix liked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Vet Costs in Toronto Ontario area outrageous.. Any suggestions??

Quote Originally Posted by volhok View Post
    Greetings All,

My 5 year old EBD Harley is going through some health issues and we are trying to determine what is wrong with her. I took her to my current Vet today for some tests and I think these prices are WAY too expensive. Don't get me wrong, I WILL PAY ANYTHING to keep my girls happy and healthy but I feel I am getting overcharged for services. I could be wrong but I've done some research here and it appears as though I am getting gouged. I do have health insurance which will help offset the costs but still.

Here is a list and pricing for the services so far with more to follow:

Office exam 72
    xray/radiograph set up fee 80
    xray radiograph per plate 60x4= 240
    blood collection 25
    wellnes 2 bloodwork 130
    Boarding 28- the vet wanted us to leave her there
    leptospira spp real ipcr test 110
    ultrasound-abdomen 300
    ultrasound-cardiac 350
    total 1335 + Taxes=$1508

I switched to this vet because my other vet was price gouging me on everything from exams to prescriptions. I interviewed a number of vets before I switched to this current one and her prices and services were reasonable and much cheaper than the first vet. Everything has gone well with my new vet until my current crisis with Harley. Does anyone who lives in the Toronto or surrounding area have any recommendations for a good vet who doesn't charge outrageous prices? Or, are these prices correct?

I have uploaded a video which you may find interesting as well.

Barking Mad - Marketplace - CBC News

Cheers
    David
    Hi there
    We are also from Toronto Canada. We are looking for a good vet that has bulldog experience. Just wondering if you have any luck? Or know any vets in Toronto.
    Thanks

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

that was interesting for sure.... sometimes each 'little' part of the bill looks ok but then added up kinda blows ya away. So far, I am real happy with Hanks dr. Prices and all. not cheap by any means, but look about right. Canada and US are very different though.

Doggie Boutique Owner
    Real Name
    Brian and Lynne
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey (Dolly rehomed)
    Likes (Received)

I live in Toronto, personally feel vet prices here are very expensive as well. I heard the Bathurst-Dupont animal hospital may be a bit cheaper, but it's not a"bulldog" vet.

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

You guys should see Alberta. Coming from Montreal which there's millions of people "just" on the island of montreal, I have NEVER seen so many vet clinics, dental clinics, walk in clinics and especially massage therapy clinics in AB... . And when I say NEVER I mean NEVER! Alberta is the oil province so 90% workers have insurances so thats why they have tons of all sorts of clinics. Red Deer is central of AB...the clinics are at ever corner! Probably why they have so many massage therapist. You can twist your neck looking at them all side to side, back n forth etc!

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    You guys should see Alberta. Coming from Montreal which there's millions of people "just" on the island of montreal, I have NEVER seen so many vet clinics, dental clinics, walk in clinics and especially massage therapy clinics in AB... . And when I say NEVER I mean NEVER! Alberta is the oil province so 90% workers have insurances so thats why they have tons of all sorts of clinics. Red Deer is central of AB...the clinics are at ever corner! Probably why they have so many massage therapist. You can twist your neck looking at them all side to side, back n forth etc!
    this cracked me up!!! lololol

8. Likes helsonwheels liked this post

Remove Ads