Hyperkeratosis: How to Treat my Bully's PawPad condition?

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Maximus has Hyperkeratosis on all four pawpads. It is severe. I have had to take him to the Vet to have her trim the excess skin because it has "smushed" sideways on the pawpads. I have tried to trim the excess skin myself with scissors and with a dremel, to no avail. Either I need much sharper scissors, or I will have to continue to take Max to the Vet to have her do it. I can see that walking is uncomfortable for Max. I don't want the condition to get worse, and there is no cure. Does anyone else have a Bully who has Hyperkeratosis?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I ave no experience with it... only thing I can think of is to soak for a few minutes before you try to cut, if you are not already.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=701]Maximus[/MENTION] What does the vet use to trim it?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Innovacyn Technical manager Scott Hand sprays Vetericyn Utility Spray on bovine teat ends. He then uses Vetericyn Utility Gel to loosen keratin deposits.
This may be something that would help-not cure,the hyperkeratosis on Maximus' feet.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.