best age to get neutered

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Hello Everyone! Looking for some more great advice and I know you guys will come through :) Murray is 7 months old now and I'm wondering what the best age would be to get him neutered? Would love to hear about anyone's experience with this, I know it's such a common thing but I'm a little nervous about it!

Steelstacks

May 30, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
I'm wondering the same thing because bowser is 6 and a half months old now. And he is trying to hump everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
one vet i had told me with my yorkie that as soon as i seen his nuggets all the way there then it was a good time... my bulldogs were around 1 year.. i was afraid if i waited to long that they would start marking their territory and it would be to late.. although my rescue boy was marking really bad everywhere.. didn't know he could pee so much and it didn't matter where.. once i got him fixed it was over night it stopped.. i was really worried it was to late but thank goodness it wasn't.. good luck.. hope your vet can help with it..

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We like to wait at least until they are one year of age. Our vet said one year to 18 month is best.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We had all three of our males done at 8 months, that is the earliest age our vet will do a neuter. We spayed our girl at 6 mths.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
In the nordic countries it is not common to neuter unless there is a medical problem. Hormones play a big role in the developement of the dog especially bones. So in my opinion rather later than sooner.

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
I'm wondering the same thing because bowser is 6 and a half months old now. And he is trying to hump everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i hear that Murray's new thing is humping his bed

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Ty was neutered at 8 months. He was really starting to harass the heck out of Raven and she wasn't happy. So in order to keep the peace we went ahead and had it done. The 8 month mark was the earliest that my vet suggested we have the procedure done. No we have no harassing, marking or humping. Makes me a happy bully mamma.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online