OP
Boka the Sweet Heart
Aug 26, 2015
South California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boka
Boka had the MRI and she tested positive for a brain tumor. I am extremely devastated. The vet said that she only has 6-8 months to live, but I am praying for her to stay with us for at least another year. I am so sad and devastated. :cry::cry::cry::cry::*(:*(:hissycry::hissycry::hissycry::hissy3::hissy2::hissy2::girlcry::nope::tissue::tissue::tissue:

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Boka had the MRI and she tested positive for a brain tumor. I am extremely devastated. The vet said that she only has 6-8 months to live, but I am praying for her to stay with us for at least another year. I am so sad and devastated. :cry::cry::cry::cry::*(:*(:hissycry::hissycry::hissycry::hissy3::hissy2::hissy2::girlcry::nope::tissue::tissue::tissue:

I am so sorry. :nope: Praying for you and Boka.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh no, I'm so very sorry to hear this about little Boka. Is this a case where a 2nd opinion would be in order or is that really not something you would be able to go through again? I'm so very sorry to hear this news. :cry:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

So very sorry to read this news.... Sweet Boka :cry:

Please give her hugs and we will continue to prayer for you all

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm so sorry to read this, I will pray that you and Boca have much more time left. Big hugs to you both!

I am a huge supporter of Nuvet for years and became a rep last year, and numerous people have seen tumors reduced. I'm not sure if it will work but it is worth a try!

Here is testimonials on tumors: NuVet Plus from NuVet Labs | Reviews Testimonials

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I am so sorry for your devastating news. My hugs and thoughts are with you and Boka. Even if she has less time here than you hoped, she will spend it with a loving family and that makes all the difference in the world.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I am so, so sorry! I know you are devastated because I've been in your situation. There is no easy way to get through this--just love on your girl and enjoy the time you have left with her. I would try the NuVet Plus after reading the testimonials. It can't hurt. Hugs to you and Boka.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I am so so sorry, my thoughts and prayers are with you and her. Be strong for her, she will need you more then ever now.

OP
Boka the Sweet Heart
Aug 26, 2015
South California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boka
Thank you. I read a little about NuVet plus and asked the vet but he says that her brain tumor is big and that at this point the NuVet plus won't help. I am thinking about taking her to radiotherapy as the vet suggested. Yesterday after the MRI, Boka through up after the anastethsia. So if we were to do radiotherapy, Boka would be throwing up once a week for a month. But, after the month Boka's life would be extended by 12-14 months. So, she could live up to 2 years. The only thin now is money. The vet said she is fine to do radiotherapy but I don't know how muh it will cost. I already spent 10,000$ on her. But I probably am going to do it.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My prayers are with you. As Donna said-I too have been through this,with a German Shepherd. She passed the night of my husband's funeral I did not think I could survive it all.
Enjoy every day with Boka
that you have,and be grateful(I know you will) for each one. Do the things with her that she enjoys,and this is something I tried to keep in mind everyday-afterwards.
Don't cry because it's over,smile because it happened:heart::heart: One day at a time is all we can handle. God be with you,everyday.:pray:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thank you. I read a little about NuVet plus and asked the vet but he says that her brain tumor is big and that at this point the NuVet plus won't help. I am thinking about taking her to radiotherapy as the vet suggested. Yesterday after the MRI, Boka through up after the anastethsia. So if we were to do radiotherapy, Boka would be throwing up once a week for a month. But, after the month Boka's life would be extended by 12-14 months. So, she could live up to 2 years. The only thin now is money. The vet said she is fine to do radiotherapy but I don't know how muh it will cost. I already spent 10,000$ on her. But I probably am going to do it.

I'm absolutely heartbroken for you… I have NO words!!! :cry:

I'm going to tell you what happened to my sweet Roxie girl last year… she was diagnosed w/cushings disease which in laymen's terms causes tumors throughout the body. We had her on meds, raw food, etc… I had her on meds for arthritis in her neck/hips and a neck spur. She had just had her 10th birthday, and I just knew in my heart she was going to be here for another year or two. Then all of the sudden she started having issues… she was spinning in circles, having accidents in the house, laying around all day long, etc… It was the absolute worst feeling in the world watching her just crumble before my eyes. My vet said I could take her to UT Vet hospital where they could do some aggressive treatments for her… boxers are extremely prone to cancerous tumors. In my mind I knew that even if we took care of the tumor in her brain, there would be more…

I made one of the HARDEST decisions that I have ever had to make, and I let her go… I decided to stop her pain. She was ready to go, it's very true when they say you KNOW when it's time because she let me know. Dogs are simple, we humans make it complicated…

I'm not telling you this for you to take this as my opinion as to what you should do… that is for YOU to decide, she is your baby. I just want you to know that it's OK to say enough is enough… and let her enjoy how many days she has left w/out treatments. Only YOU know what she is physically able to do at this point… and what her quality of life should be. I support you no matter what decision you ultimately make, and once again I'm truly sorry...

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Prayers for sweet Boka, although the diagnosis is not what we wanted to hear, enjoy every single minute with her. Love on her, be there for her, she may end up proving all those doctors wrong.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I am so Sorry about your Boka, God Bless Her and I Pray She will Live with You a lot Longer, only God knows for sure when her time is up. Hold her close every day and love on her even more than ever. Love and Prayers to this Sweet Baby Girl.

OP
Boka the Sweet Heart
Aug 26, 2015
South California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boka
Thank you everyone. After calling some vets, I have decided to do radiation therapy. She will have it done only 3 times and the tumor should shrink a lot. The vets are saying that this will give her another 1 year of comfortable living.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online