Thread: Boka is getting an MRI

Pooper scooper Boka the Sweet Heart's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boka
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Boka is getting an MRI

Thank you. I read a little about NuVet plus and asked the vet but he says that her brain tumor is big and that at this point the NuVet plus won't help. I am thinking about taking her to radiotherapy as the vet suggested. Yesterday after the MRI, Boka through up after the anastethsia. So if we were to do radiotherapy, Boka would be throwing up once a week for a month. But, after the month Boka's life would be extended by 12-14 months. So, she could live up to 2 years. The only thin now is money. The vet said she is fine to do radiotherapy but I don't know how muh it will cost. I already spent 10,000$ on her. But I probably am going to do it.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

My prayers are with you. As Donna said-I too have been through this,with a German Shepherd. She passed the night of my husband's funeral I did not think I could survive it all.
    Enjoy every day with Boka
    that you have,and be grateful(I know you will) for each one. Do the things with her that she enjoys,and this is something I tried to keep in mind everyday-afterwards.
    Don't cry because it's over,smile because it happened One day at a time is all we can handle. God be with you,everyday.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

3. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Boka the Sweet Heart View Post
    Thank you. I read a little about NuVet plus and asked the vet but he says that her brain tumor is big and that at this point the NuVet plus won't help. I am thinking about taking her to radiotherapy as the vet suggested. Yesterday after the MRI, Boka through up after the anastethsia. So if we were to do radiotherapy, Boka would be throwing up once a week for a month. But, after the month Boka's life would be extended by 12-14 months. So, she could live up to 2 years. The only thin now is money. The vet said she is fine to do radiotherapy but I don't know how muh it will cost. I already spent 10,000$ on her. But I probably am going to do it.
    I'm absolutely heartbroken for you… I have NO words!!!

I'm going to tell you what happened to my sweet Roxie girl last year… she was diagnosed w/cushings disease which in laymen's terms causes tumors throughout the body. We had her on meds, raw food, etc… I had her on meds for arthritis in her neck/hips and a neck spur. She had just had her 10th birthday, and I just knew in my heart she was going to be here for another year or two. Then all of the sudden she started having issues… she was spinning in circles, having accidents in the house, laying around all day long, etc… It was the absolute worst feeling in the world watching her just crumble before my eyes. My vet said I could take her to UT Vet hospital where they could do some aggressive treatments for her… boxers are extremely prone to cancerous tumors. In my mind I knew that even if we took care of the tumor in her brain, there would be more…

I made one of the HARDEST decisions that I have ever had to make, and I let her go… I decided to stop her pain. She was ready to go, it's very true when they say you KNOW when it's time because she let me know. Dogs are simple, we humans make it complicated…

I'm not telling you this for you to take this as my opinion as to what you should do… that is for YOU to decide, she is your baby. I just want you to know that it's OK to say enough is enough… and let her enjoy how many days she has left w/out treatments. Only YOU know what she is physically able to do at this point… and what her quality of life should be. I support you no matter what decision you ultimately make, and once again I'm truly sorry...

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

5. Likes 2BullyMama, harveyspecter, Manydogs liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Prayers for sweet Boka, although the diagnosis is not what we wanted to hear, enjoy every single minute with her. Love on her, be there for her, she may end up proving all those doctors wrong.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

7. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

I am so Sorry about your Boka, God Bless Her and I Pray She will Live with You a lot Longer, only God knows for sure when her time is up. Hold her close every day and love on her even more than ever. Love and Prayers to this Sweet Baby Girl.

Pooper scooper Boka the Sweet Heart's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boka
    Likes (Received)

Thank you everyone. After calling some vets, I have decided to do radiation therapy. She will have it done only 3 times and the tumor should shrink a lot. The vets are saying that this will give her another 1 year of comfortable living.

10. Likes 2BullyMama, cali baker liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads