Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Bella has been scratching less. She now goes without the cone. I think the meds help a lot. However, there's this white blister cluster forming in her infected ear.

Anyone ever seen this before?

image.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Bella has been scratching less. She now goes without the cone. I think the meds help a lot. However, there's this white blister cluster forming in her infected ear.

View attachment 93066

Yikes... What the heck is that?

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Well now, that's a frightening response. :fie:

I have no idea.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
cysts? I am not sure either? Can you call your vet's office today and speak directly to the doctor to ask?

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I could call, but she'll be there on Tuesday for daycare. It don't think it's painful. You guys think it's something serious? I just thought it was a skin irritation.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I could call, but she'll be there on Tuesday for daycare. It don't think it's painful. You guys think it's something serious? I just thought it was a skin irritation.

Nah.... I'd watch it and if any drastic change try to get to vet but it probably is just irritated from her scratching

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I agree. Honestly, it's been there for a few days, and it hasn't gotten worse. I'll ask them to look at it on Tues.

This dog! :blah: :nervous::faint:

Tracy

Feb 17, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brinkley & Prudence

View attachment 93066

Did you ever find out what those white blister cluster things in Bella's ears were? My puppy Brinkley has the same thing right now in his. He has been on Tresaderm Ear Drops for 8 days and started seeing these appear about 2-3 days ago.

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Did you ever find out what those white blister cluster things in Bella's ears were? My puppy Brinkley has the same thing right now in his. He has been on Tresaderm Ear Drops for 8 days and started seeing these appear about 2-3 days ago.

My girl has so many issues, it's hard to keep track! :p

If I remember correctly, this was a yeasty ear infection. It was caused by her food, but I forget which food (one of the Fromm flavors). She has horrid allergies, so it's a constant battle fighting infections, reactions...

Tracy

Feb 17, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brinkley & Prudence
Do you remember if you finished the Tresaderm and those white crusty spots went away? We have one more week to keep doing the drops and I just feel bad for him. I started a new thread on here with a pic of his ears called (White Crusty Ear Spots?). We are in the process of changing his food to "Fromm's Chicken ala veg" from "Bill Jac" (which is what the breeder had him on) ... and since he got this yeasty ear infection I'm thinking now we have to go with Grain Free Fromm's option...but maybe it's just the Chicken variety? How to tell...?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Do you remember if you finished the Tresaderm and those white crusty spots went away? We have one more week to keep doing the drops and I just feel bad for him. I started a new thread on here with a pic of his ears called (White Crusty Ear Spots?). We are in the process of changing his food to "Fromm's Chicken ala veg" from "Bill Jac" (which is what the breeder had him on) ... and since he got this yeasty ear infection I'm thinking now we have to go with Grain Free Fromm's option...but maybe it's just the Chicken variety? How to tell...?

Go grain and chicken free... try the Pork and Peas or Lamb and Lentils. Both are grain, chicken and potato free.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Go grain and chicken free... try the Pork and Peas or Lamb and Lentils. Both are grain, chicken and potato free.
:yes: We do Pork and Peas too, the only Fromm flavor (and GF kibble) that has the least effect on Bass' nose rope and ears. This was a very long, aggravating process to find the correct kibble. Keep a journal when you do a food switch.

Tracy

Feb 17, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brinkley & Prudence
Thank you!
The journal is a good idea as well. :)

To transition him from regular Fromm's Chicken to the Grain-Free Pork & Peas, should it be a slow one again or since they are the same brand do you think I could switch faster?

Tracy

Feb 17, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brinkley & Prudence
Also how about treats? What are some good chicken, grain & potato free treats? Thanks!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you!
The journal is a good idea as well. :)

To transition him from regular Fromm's Chicken to the Grain-Free Pork & Peas, should it be a slow one again or since they are the same brand do you think I could switch faster?

No need for slow... that is another great benefit of Fromm. Groin free line you can feed one flavor at breakfast and different one at dinner/-- no issues.

Treats-- i use, kibble, fruitable minis, stella and chewys dinner toppers and in summer they get a piece if watermelon or cantaloupe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.