Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 47

Thread: What is this?? (Ear sores)

  1. #25
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,844
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)
    1147

    Default Re: What is this?? (Ear sores)

    Yeah, it was just too much after a long day at work...I just couldn't fight for long. Thank God she went to sleep. LOL

    I'll probably keep them on when we snuggle and when she eats. Hopefully, they wouldn't be needed after a week anyway.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}



    IG: @bellatheenglishbully

  2. Likes 2BullyMama, dolphin liked this post
  3. #26
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,844
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)
    1147

    Default Re: What is this?? (Ear sores)

    So, update...

    I'd been using polysporin and Vetericyn on the skin outside of her ear, and my poor girl has been living in the cone of shame. The sweet girl even seemed to get used to the cone. (I, of course, felt like crap.) I've also been pumping her full of Benadryl for two weeks.

    My plan was to wait until the skin was completely white and no longer red and then I'd leave the cone off permanently.

    This morning, her skin around the ear and in the ear looked normal. I took off the cone. She did good for a few minutes, and then she went at it...scratched like crazy drawing more blood in the ear and outside the ear.

    I decided it was vet time. I took her in and they were super busy. Actually, they tried to blow me off by saying, "Just give her Benadryl."

    I told them she's been on the stuff for almost two weeks!

    Anyway, they looked at her (I left her there), and when I returned, the doc left a note that said this...

    "I'm so glad you dropped Bella off with us today. It would have gotten much worse over the weekend if you waited. There is not a deep ear infection, but her outer ear (the "pinna") is VERY inflamed and just inside the ear. Not sure what started this. The redness around the ear is either from scratching or from an allergic reaction or both. The feet are red but not infected."

    Then she prescribed Temaril-P tablets and Tresaderm Solution.

    So, yeah...I've pretty much been torturing her for two weeks! How do you guys think this ear infection happened? I've been regularly cleaning her ears with witch hazel.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}



    IG: @bellatheenglishbully

  4. #27
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,169
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11506

    Default Re: What is this?? (Ear sores)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
    So, update...

    I'd been using polysporin and Vetericyn on the skin outside of her ear, and my poor girl has been living in the cone of shame. The sweet girl even seemed to get used to the cone. (I, of course, felt like crap.) I've also been pumping her full of Benadryl for two weeks.

    My plan was to wait until the skin was completely white and no longer red and then I'd leave the cone off permanently.

    This morning, her skin around the ear and in the ear looked normal. I took off the cone. She did good for a few minutes, and then she went at it...scratched like crazy drawing more blood in the ear and outside the ear.

    I decided it was vet time. I took her in and they were super busy. Actually, they tried to blow me off by saying, "Just give her Benadryl."

    I told them she's been on the stuff for almost two weeks!

    Anyway, they looked at her (I left her there), and when I returned, the doc left a note that said this...

    "I'm so glad you dropped Bella off with us today. It would have gotten much worse over the weekend if you waited. There is not a deep ear infection, but her outer ear (the "pinna") is VERY inflamed and just inside the ear. Not sure what started this. The redness around the ear is either from scratching or from an allergic reaction or both. The feet are red but not infected."

    Then she prescribed Temaril-P tablets and Tresaderm Solution.

    So, yeah...I've pretty much been torturing her for two weeks! How do you guys think this ear infection happened? I've been regularly cleaning her ears with witch hazel.
    DAMN!!! Deep ear infection is usually water, I think --- bath or shower or rain the week before it started?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  5. #28
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,844
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)
    1147

    Default Re: What is this?? (Ear sores)

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    DAMN!!! Deep ear infection is usually water, I think --- bath or shower or rain the week before it started?

    I gave her a bath last weekend, but she'd been scratching the week before that. I wonder if I let the witch hazel get too far into the ear canal...
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}



    IG: @bellatheenglishbully

  6. #29
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,169
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11506

    Default Re: What is this?? (Ear sores)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
    I gave her a bath last weekend, but she'd been scratching the week before that. I wonder if I let the witch hazel get too far into the ear canal...
    i would not think so as it is a natural drying agent --
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  7. Likes Cali Doll liked this post
  8. #30
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: What is this?? (Ear sores)

    Maybe those meds will be the answer to all of this. Im happy you took her in.

  9. Likes Cali Doll liked this post
  10. #31
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,844
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)
    1147

    Default Re: What is this?? (Ear sores)

    Bella has been scratching less. She now goes without the cone. I think the meds help a lot. However, there's this white blister cluster forming in her infected ear.

    Anyone ever seen this before?

    -image-jpg
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}



    IG: @bellatheenglishbully

  11. #32
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,169
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11506

    Default Re: What is this?? (Ear sores)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
    Bella has been scratching less. She now goes without the cone. I think the meds help a lot. However, there's this white blister cluster forming in her infected ear.

    Anyone ever seen this before?

    -image-jpg
    Yikes... What the heck is that?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  12. #33
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,844
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)
    1147

    Default Re: What is this?? (Ear sores)

    Well now, that's a frightening response.

    I have no idea.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}



    IG: @bellatheenglishbully

  13. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  14. #34
    Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,775
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    1915
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: What is this?? (Ear sores)

    cysts? I am not sure either? Can you call your vet's office today and speak directly to the doctor to ask?

    "Unequivocally the Sweetest"

  15. #35
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,844
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)
    1147

    Default Re: What is this?? (Ear sores)

    I could call, but she'll be there on Tuesday for daycare. It don't think it's painful. You guys think it's something serious? I just thought it was a skin irritation.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}



    IG: @bellatheenglishbully

  16. #36
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,169
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11506

    Default Re: What is this?? (Ear sores)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
    I could call, but she'll be there on Tuesday for daycare. It don't think it's painful. You guys think it's something serious? I just thought it was a skin irritation.
    Nah.... I'd watch it and if any drastic change try to get to vet but it probably is just irritated from her scratching
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  17. Likes Cali Doll liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •