Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What is this?? (Ear sores)

The thing is, I'm wondering if the paw licking and ear scratching are remants of her lamb allergy. (I just switched from Lamb and Lentil to Salmon Tunalini.)

I'm trying to give it a little time to see if it resolves. She's never had a grass (environmental) allergy that I know of.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

It will help the paws heal, and help with the itching. Itchy paws and licking are both signs of allergies. Does Bella get any Probiotics like yogurt in her food? I give my guys yogurt in their morning kibble every morning, and I give them Apple Cider Vinegar in their evening kibble or in their drinking water everyday. Both are good for boosting the immune system, which helps with allergies.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

3. Likes Cali Doll liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    It will help the paws heal, and help with the itching. Itchy paws and licking are both signs of allergies. Does Bella get any Probiotics like yogurt in her food? I give my guys yogurt in their morning kibble every morning, and I give them Apple Cider Vinegar in their evening kibble or in their drinking water everyday. Both are good for boosting the immune system, which helps with allergies.

No yogurt, but she usually gets ACV poured over her kibble. Though, I haven't given her ACV in about a month, since I'm trying to clear her system from the Lamb and Lentil debacle.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
    No yogurt, but she usually gets ACV poured over her kibble. Though, I haven't given her ACV in about a month, since I'm trying to clear her system from the Lamb and Lentil debacle.
    The ACV is a natural anti bacterial and a natural anti fungal, as well as a natural anti inflammatory, so it is very beneficial for allergies. It also balances the Ph level of the blood, and kills the bad bacteria in the body so it will boost her immune system and help with her allergy symptoms.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

6. Likes Cali Doll, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    The ACV is a natural anti bacterial and a natural anti fungal, as well as a natural anti inflammatory, so it is very beneficial for allergies. It also balances the Ph level of the blood, and kills the bad bacteria in the body so it will boost her immune system and help with her allergy symptoms.
    OK, I'll start adding it again. I'll also do the salt soak. Thank you!!
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

8. Likes Vikinggirl liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

OK, I'll start adding it again. I'll also do the salt soak. Thank you!!
    We went through the exact same thing with lamb & lentil and switched over to salmon tunalini too and everything calmed down. It took about a month and half for it to totally kick in. The yogurt is the single most important thing to give Buster, his face tells the whole story. Whenever I would stop giving it to him it would cause probs. Good luck with the tunalini thing I hope it kicks in real soon.

10. Likes Cali Doll, Vikinggirl liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

I use Benadryl cream when Tyson has the itchies, it helps him from itching and making it worse.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

12. Likes Cali Doll liked this post
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    We went through the exact same thing with lamb & lentil and switched over to salmon tunalini too and everything calmed down. It took about a month and half for it to totally kick in. The yogurt is the single most important thing to give Buster, his face tells the whole story. Whenever I would stop giving it to him it would cause probs. Good luck with the tunalini thing I hope it kicks in real soon.
    Oh wow, thank you for sharing this! I'm starting to pull out my hair. If it's not remnants of L&L, I don't know what else it could be.

She must seriously hate me now. I am forced to leave the cone of shame on her. I ordered her doggie boots that look sturdy enough to hold up to her chewing. They'll be here tonight. I'm really hoping they help her. I just can't let her keep scratching. I will soak her feet and then put on the boots.

Pray for us!
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

14. Likes dolphin, Vikinggirl liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Oh wow, thank you for sharing this! I'm starting to pull out my hair. If it's not remnants of L&L, I don't know what else it could be.

She must seriously hate me now. I am forced to leave the cone of shame on her. I ordered her doggie boots that look sturdy enough to hold up to her chewing. They'll be here tonight. I'm really hoping they help her. I just can't let her keep scratching. I will soak her feet and then put on the boots.

Pray for us!
    It will work out, the boots will definitely help out. You have to take a video of her with the boots, it's one of the best things to me whenever dogs wear boots for the first time.

16. Likes Cali Doll, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

I will post pictures and/or a video. LOL!
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Goodness, that didn't go well.

Firstly, I was able to soak her feet for about 7 minutes, which is great. But, later, I put the boots on her, and she pretty much lost it. She was biting at the shoes and Velcro. At first, with enough determination, she was able to kick off the boots and rip open the Velcro. I kept putting them back on, but she pretty much wouldn't even walk in them. I guess she wore herself out eventually and fell asleep (with boots sorta on) in the crate.

This morning, we cuddled on the couch (she kissed me - I guess she does still love me), and she laid there on the couch with the boots on. I carried her to the kitchen for breakfast and she ate with the boots on. The boots might just be an occasional thing. LOL! I can't go through that every day.

I wasn't able to record anything, though. After she crashed in the crate, I crashed on the couch.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

19. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

oh wow, it wiped you out too! hopefully she will start to get used to them and it won't be such a pain tonight.

21. Likes Cali Doll liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads