Kind of graphic pics. Weird paw pad disorder.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=13366]YHSublime[/MENTION] Will be praying for his surgery,hoping all goes well, and it is not in the genetics-so it will stay gone.Best wishes for both of you.

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
Sorry for the lack of updates, and thank you so much for everybody with their concerns and well wishes, this is a great community!

We had a little Christmas Miracle, and Taco recieved his PHD over Thanksgiving, as he removed the growth himself. We went to my folks house for Thanksgiving, and they have a nice big back yard that both the boys LOVE to go over to. They pretty much play and chase balls until I make them settle down. Went that night to check on Taco's paw, and he either ran it out, or chewed it out, but his paw pad has started to grow back already, and he's nearly stopped limping all together!

I took him to the vet on his scheduled surgery morning anyways, just for a once over, and he was relieved that it was gone as well. He had spoken to a couple of other veterinarians, and they also believed it was genetic. Taco also had the same thing starting above his nail on his other front paw, and after my vet heard Taco "lost" the other growth, he pulled it off right then and there. Taco didn't seem to mind, but bled a little bit. He bandaged it up and asked us to wait 20 minutes, Taco promptly got the bandage off in 15 seconds or less.

He's not skipped a beat since T-Day, and is back to his usual self, wrestling with Thor, and using both his front legs, instead of hopping around, so I'm hoping it doesn't grow back!

Wow I am simply amazed by these pictures (I'm a scientist). There must be a root for the quick and nail bud in the paw pad that I'm sure the vet will go deep enough to remove. The healing process will be long, but he's already gotten used to not using that paw. There are even winter booties that can be used with velcro straps (muttluks are what we use). Just use 1, because they release heat through their paw pads too. Lola is a stinker and licks her paws when we're not around, so I sense the cone will also be needed. Sigh. I hope he gets the roots (i.e. stem cells that give rise to that entire nail structure) out. Otherwise it will grow back, but you now know what it looks like early, and you can surely get it then if not now. Good luck with the surgery!!

What do you think about that weird story above? I wish I could find the growth for inspection. I hope it just ended up in the yard, and not in his tummy!

Your picture progression is so interesting! Can't wait to hear what they find. Anyhow, what about baby tights and then cut leg off to create the cover? Just need some Velcro strips to hold it up where he can't reach... Just a thought.

Good luck in surgery!

Isn't it crazy? I will have to get a picture of it now. That's a great idea on the wrapping, I will have to mcguyver something like that if I EVER need to wrap his paw.

I was thinking a toddler sock and the self sticking bandage tape. It will stick to itself but not to fur. I hope it all comes out with this surgery any it doesn't return. I am very interested in hearing what they find. I am amazed at the progressive pictures too. I'm wondering if the vet is going to try to put it in some sort of a sling to keep weight off of it. I will be thinking of you and watching for updates.

Thanks for your well wishes, and for checking in!

Good luck next week. Hope it heals well and fast (2 months?! ouch). xo

Ugh, so glad I don't have to do x2 months of this. I don't know if I could!

@YHSublime Will be praying for his surgery,hoping all goes well, and it is not in the genetics-so it will stay gone.Best wishes for both of you.

Looks like it's probably in the genetics, but now it is easily addressed when it happens, It looks like I can just yank it, or trim it? I will definitely keep everybody updated with this weeeeeeird disorder.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
WOW! :whew:
That's amazing, so glad he didn't have to go under and you know what to look for in the future!
So happy for you - congrats Taco PhD lol

Your parents back yard may be a cure-zone :sarcastic:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That is mind blowing. Almost looked like another nail. Thank god it's gone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
WOW! :whew:
That's amazing, so glad he didn't have to go under and you know what to look for in the future!
So happy for you - congrats Taco PhD lol

Your parents back yard may be a cure-zone :sarcastic:

You said it! Here are some pics from THanksgiving

553bede13fad564fb4784d06e0ffeff2.jpg

00552ee655c1c7ca59008851ab44af8e.jpg

That is mind blowing. Almost looked like another nail. Thank god it's gone!

You said it!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.