URGENT!!! Please I need help here!! I don't know where to turn to anymore!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well we have been dealing with the same thing for months!!! Vet did a skin scrape on her front paws and turns out it's demodex mange!!! It's only on her paws...been on ivermectin now for 3 weeks and what a difference. Have your vet check for that#

Wow.. Just on paws!!???

kristimorrill

Aug 10, 2013
san diego
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie, Daisy and George
Yep...just on front paws. We had tried everything and nothing was working...finally some relief for her. For paws I guess she needs to be on the medicine for 2-3 months...apparently it's much more stubborn.

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Dexter had Demodex when he was little. Still has skin issues, poor kid. He gets Benadryl, yogurt, and special baths for it.

He's also got a grain allergy I suspect. All of the "soothing" shampoos are not soothing for anybody if the groomer messes up and gives him the wrong shampoo.

Yogurt will help if it's yeast. And the Epsom salt bath...

OP
Lily122511

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Westchester, New York, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
Now yesterday morning her paws were very pink. When I came home from work they were almost normal. Then this morning pink again!!
I just don't get it!! I changed all the bedding and her pillow last night. I recleaned the floors with the stuff I have always used. I even used a new mop.
I dusted & vaccumed every nook I could find. I wipe her paws down when she comes back in from potty breaks.
I even took all the rubber chew toys away!! I just don't know what to do anymore!!! Why can't I figure this out?????

OP
Lily122511

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Westchester, New York, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
Well we have been dealing with the same thing for months!!! Vet did a skin scrape on her front paws and turns out it's demodex mange!!! It's only on her paws...been on ivermectin now for 3 weeks and what a difference. Have your vet check for that#

Lily had Demodex when she was a pup. We used Ivermectin to. Wow only on her paws?? I coud have her checked for that I suppose.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
What should I do?? What did you do?

We wiped her paws down, did the Benadryl thing for a couple of days and tried to rule out everything under the sun like you have been doing. We kept her out of the back yard for a couple of weeks and rainfalls. She cleared up and saved a trip to the vets.

Kendall Reynolds

Oct 29, 2015
Texas
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Coach
Ok I will try the epsom salt. I'll try it in the bath tub...... So how much? For how long? And how often?

If it is our Detergents would that only effect her paws? She lays on everything that is washed in our detergent. All the pillows and bedding.

I am having the same problem with my OEB Coach's feet. His are irritated in between & he has a huge red lump on the top of one. His hair has come off of it so it is just really red & inflamed. The meds the vet gave us do not seem to help either. I give him baths in Epson Salt but he HATES baths so getting him to stand in the tub makes him so irritable. I also bought some wipes from the pet store that help with itching, I rub him down with those at night too.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.