Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please I need help here!! I don't know where to turn to anymore!

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Please I need help here!! I don't know where to turn to anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    I am glad you caught yourself @brutus77

The issue does seem to be some sort of a contact dermatitis. I am no vet by any means. Was the yard sprayed with any chemicals recently? I remember I had put down some organic fertilizer on our yard and Jewel came down with this issue.
    What should I do?? What did you do?

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I'm late to this, but I was going to suggest the fertilizers or anything that you spray outside...

What about house cleaners… floors, carpets, do you use Febreeze?!! My Bella had a horrible reaction to Febreeze onetime. We have a LOT of allergies in my home, and I wash EVERYTHING w/All free & clear (it was recommended by my daughter's dermatologist).

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Real Name
    kristi
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie, Daisy and George
    Likes (Received)

Well we have been dealing with the same thing for months!!! Vet did a skin scrape on her front paws and turns out it's demodex mange!!! It's only on her paws...been on ivermectin now for 3 weeks and what a difference. Have your vet check for that#

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kristimorrill View Post
    Well we have been dealing with the same thing for months!!! Vet did a skin scrape on her front paws and turns out it's demodex mange!!! It's only on her paws...been on ivermectin now for 3 weeks and what a difference. Have your vet check for that#
    Wow.. Just on paws!!???
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    kristi
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie, Daisy and George
    Likes (Received)

Yep...just on front paws. We had tried everything and nothing was working...finally some relief for her. For paws I guess she needs to be on the medicine for 2-3 months...apparently it's much more stubborn.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter
    Likes (Received)

Dexter had Demodex when he was little. Still has skin issues, poor kid. He gets Benadryl, yogurt, and special baths for it.

He's also got a grain allergy I suspect. All of the "soothing" shampoos are not soothing for anybody if the groomer messes up and gives him the wrong shampoo.

Yogurt will help if it's yeast. And the Epsom salt bath...

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily
    Likes (Received)

Now yesterday morning her paws were very pink. When I came home from work they were almost normal. Then this morning pink again!!
    I just don't get it!! I changed all the bedding and her pillow last night. I recleaned the floors with the stuff I have always used. I even used a new mop.
    I dusted & vaccumed every nook I could find. I wipe her paws down when she comes back in from potty breaks.
    I even took all the rubber chew toys away!! I just don't know what to do anymore!!! Why can't I figure this out?????

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kristimorrill View Post
    Lily had Demodex when she was a pup. We used Ivermectin to. Wow only on her paws?? I coud have her checked for that I suppose.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lily122511 View Post
    What should I do?? What did you do?
    We wiped her paws down, did the Benadryl thing for a couple of days and tried to rule out everything under the sun like you have been doing. We kept her out of the back yard for a couple of weeks and rainfalls. She cleared up and saved a trip to the vets.

Real Name
    Kendall R
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Coach
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lily122511 View Post
    Ok I will try the epsom salt. I'll try it in the bath tub...... So how much? For how long? And how often?

If it is our Detergents would that only effect her paws? She lays on everything that is washed in our detergent. All the pillows and bedding.
    I am having the same problem with my OEB Coach's feet. His are irritated in between & he has a huge red lump on the top of one. His hair has come off of it so it is just really red & inflamed. The meds the vet gave us do not seem to help either. I give him baths in Epson Salt but he HATES baths so getting him to stand in the tub makes him so irritable. I also bought some wipes from the pet store that help with itching, I rub him down with those at night too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads