Thread: killian - some issues

Pooper scooper cheri braithwaite's Avatar
    Country
    united states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    killian / sasha
    Likes (Received)

Default killian - some issues

Hello everyone.I've had killian since June.he is rescue.we went to vet Saturday.he has a large hard place on tip of ear.we received meds for terrible ear infection. The smell is horrible.. Also on the back legs some small sores are there.by his tail and losing more hair off his back.what's good for that. Need help for these things.doctors gave antibiotics said he has lots of infection inside.the back legs we're this way when I got him.not sure where sores are popping up from.back to doctor in two weeks.on cipro for two weeks eyes have heavy heavy goop.I wash them several times a day. Two new meds for that. Please help me?

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: killian Mom

Hi @cheri braithwaite so sorry you're having so many problems with Killian thank you for rescuing him <3 Does he come from a rescue or is he a private rescue? Normally the rescue makes sure the dogs are healthy before adopting out. if he's from a rescue I'd contact them and ask them, they should know what is going on with him since you basically just got him.

The skin issues can be many things... could you take a picture maybe? The vet can do a skin scrape, that should show exactly what it is.

How old is Killian? Sometimes dogs can develop eye issues with age, it could be Entropion, it's when hairs are growing where they shouldn't and they scratch the eyes... The vet can check that and you could probably see it yourself even if Killian would let you have a close look.

Maybe the antibiotics clears most of his issues up, lets hope it helps

Keep us posted
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Country
    united states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    killian / sasha
    Likes (Received)

Hi Lillian is 3 years old.he did come with meds.we have another appointment in 2weeks.
    we gonna get through it.

Country
    united states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    killian / sasha
    Likes (Received)

I'll keep you posted.need someone to talk to about my baby.thank you so much

Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cheri braithwaite View Post
    I'll keep you posted.need someone to talk to about my baby.thank you so much

You'll definitely get through it and I'm sure more ppl on here will pop in with advice very soon. Always here if you need support, just tag me using @ and my user name @Petra and I'll get a notification

Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: killian - some issues

I don't know if you've come across this already but these few easy things have helped my bulldogs with many issues so I wanted to share it with you.

Coconut oil - 2 tbsp a day

Plain yogurt - 2 tbsp a day

I would only start with a little and only with one thing at a time in case it doesn't agree with his tummy.

And if they have paw issues soaking them in Epsom salt dissolved in luke warm water has worked great for itchy paws or cysts between the toes

7. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

One of the first things we ask is what food you're giving him. A good portion of bulldogs have some type of food allergy and it's essential to find the one that works for best for them.

As for the ear infection, seeing his ears are so bad, it's best to continue with the meds. We had to switch one of my guy's food and supplemented it with ear drops to clear the infection. He came to us with horrible skin and ears as well.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

So sorry for your baby. Food is the main culprit usually for many problems, so what is it that you're feeding him? Also now that he's on antibiotics it's very important to give him probiotics too. Antibiotics will kill the bad bacteria, but it will also kill the good, leaving more room for the ugly buggers if the main reason for his problems isn't found and dealt with.

Potty Trainer Become a 4 Paw Member mackbob's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bob (Bobman)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cheri braithwaite View Post
    Hello everyone.I've had killian since June.he is rescue.we went to vet Saturday.he has a large hard place on tip of ear.we received meds for terrible ear infection. The smell is horrible.. Also on the back legs some small sores are there.by his tail and losing more hair off his back.what's good for that. Need help for these things.doctors gave antibiotics said he has lots of infection inside.the back legs we're this way when I got him.not sure where sores are popping up from.back to doctor in two weeks.on cipro for two weeks eyes have heavy heavy goop.I wash them several times a day. Two new meds for that. Please help me?
    Cheri, he is allergic to someone he is eating 100%. Sores, ears, paws are all food related. Sores sound like folliculitis. I would get some antibacterial topicals on him Asap. I would immediately stop giving him whatever you are and start feeding him something home cooked and put him on probiotics ESPECIALLY lactobacillus plantarum - thats the strain that will fight of yeast and staph.

Also please check out this site for a bunch of info and recipes. The PetStaurant - Organic Dog and Cat food and Wellness Company Road Dogs which is a huge bully rescue here in LA sends all her really sick bulldogs there with terrible skin issues and they all heal. But the site is just as informational on what to feed and do etc. x

There are recipes there.

11. Likes savemejeebus, 2BullyMama, ddnene liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Others have chimed in with great advice. Thank you so much for bringing a rescue into your home - he is lucky to have someone who cares about him so much!
    Happiness is a warm bulldog!

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I agree it's all in the food and the ears are the worst. Petra is right on with the probiotic advice, without yogurt our Buster would be a big ball of wax. I really hope you can find him some relief.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I read your profile..... and see you are feeding Buffalo Blue grain free Lamb.... try a different protein, grain free beef or salmon. It will take about 3 weks to a monthto see any results, but I think the lamb may be too much for him
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads