Help Needed! Congested nose

dren182

Oct 25, 2015
Country
Unites states
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena
Hello,
Xena's almost 10 weeks old, 5 days ago I noticed that her nose was runny and today she sounds really congested. Her attitude is fine, she still plays, eat and drink. I am giving her amoxicillin and I purchased a humidifier to help her nose clear up. Not sure if I should take her to the vet or wait until my appointment which is thursday. Please help. Any input would be great

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
is the discharge any color to it.... yellow or green? Or is it clear?

mackbob

Sep 1, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bob (Bobman)
Hello,
Xena's almost 10 weeks old, 5 days ago I noticed that her nose was runny and today she sounds really congested. Her attitude is fine, she still plays, eat and drink. I am giving her amoxicillin and I purchased a humidifier to help her nose clear up. Not sure if I should take her to the vet or wait until my appointment which is thursday. Please help. Any input would be great

Was the amoxycillin something that was prescribed? I would take her to a vet for sure, in fact asap. Pneumonia is common in bully puppies that show these respiratory symptoms and you want to avoid that. Bully puppies have extremely sensitive immune systems and the best piece of advice that i can give you is to do everything you can to strengthen hers while she grows. Feed her immune building supplements, colostrum and probiotics (especially since she's being given antibiotics at this young).

OP
dren182

dren182

Oct 25, 2015
Country
Unites states
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena
Discharge is light yellow.

- - - Updated - - -

The amoxicillin was given to me by the breeder.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Discharge is light yellow.

- - - Updated - - -

The amoxicillin was given to me by the breeder.

definitely get to the vet.... colored discharge is an infection that at her age can quickly turn to pneumonia

OP
dren182

dren182

Oct 25, 2015
Country
Unites states
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena
definitely get to the vet.... colored discharge is an infection that at her age can quickly turn to pneumonia

Thank you. I will take her to the vet tom. I was second guessing myself before because she has an appointment on Thursday. Thought I could wait til then and just monitor her.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you. I will take her to the vet tom. I was second guessing myself before because she has an appointment on Thursday. Thought I could wait til then and just monitor her.

Make sure you point out the yelloe discharge and her age so they fit you in. Also, use the vaporizer tonight to help

mackbob

Sep 1, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bob (Bobman)

Great!! Hopefully it's just a little cold that can be nipped in the bud quickly.

OP
dren182

dren182

Oct 25, 2015
Country
Unites states
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena
Thank you all for the advices. Will take her to the vet tom and hopefully she gets better..

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you all for the advices. Will take her to the vet tom and hopefully she gets better..

Please keep us posted.... BTW --- :welcome3: to EBN

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online