Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Jumping off sofas???

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondly8 View Post
    Cupcake had hurt her leg a few weeks ago when she jumped off the sofa, I know she shouldn't, but sometimes when she gets hyper she'll do what I've come to call the puppy 500 and there is no stopping her. Anyway, the doctor gave her an anti-inflammatory and bed rest orders, and after about two days she was better. She just did this again this past weekend and I don't know how to keep her from jumping off the sofas. Has anyone had this happen to their bullies, know a solution, or if it could be something more serious?

Thank y'all in advance!
    Diamond
    I would try to keep her calm for at least a few weeks, crate her if you have to just to let her leg heal properly. The Rimadyl, or whichever anti-flammatory the vet gave you, is just masking her pain so she thinks she's fine. It needs to really heal. That takes weeks.

We can't keep mine off the sofa either so we got steps. Mine isn't high to start with though, about 18 inches off the ground, but even the two steps help. Just teach her to use them with treats and it will cut down on her jumping immensely.

(click pic to enlarge)
    Attachment 92456

2. Likes Mom of Tucker liked this post
    Real Name
    Ginger
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tucker & Sophie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by My Otis View Post
    What about doggie steps? We have two of these. Elmo does not get on the furniture, he just never has wanted to, but several of my other dogs do and they use the doggie steps to go up and down.
    I have doggie steps that mine use to get in and out of the car, and on and off of my bed. However, when they are in an excitable state, forget it! They either end up stumbling down the steps or just completely jumping over them. I have discovered that Bulldogs are not the most graceful, lol.

Mom of Tucker AND Sophie

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Maximus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

My Bully, Maximus, jumped off the sofa, and severely injured his ACL. As a result, he was walking around on 3-legs, with the 4th leg lifted high off the ground. I had to take him to the Vet, and then referred to an Orthopedic Surgeon. I was looking at possible Surgery
    that would have cost close to $4,000.00. Fortunately, over time, and with medication and rest, he was able to "heal" his ACL on his own. He no longer attempts to jump up on the sofa!

Bully Bootie Duty
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    daphnee
    Likes (Received)

Our bully use to jump off the back of the couch, like the top where your head rests... She was like a billy goat.. but she has always been on the small side, peaked at 52lbs and down at 46-48..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads