Rebecca Giardina

Aug 7, 2015
California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
GusGus
Hi Guys!

I haven't posted in a while. Last I was on here, I mentioned Gus had throat and nose surgery and was getting ready for the flight from Japan to California. He arrived here on Friday night, the flight went amazingly well and he has been cheerful as ever. However, the day he landed, we noticed a small scabby area behind his shoulder, was so small we figured it wasn't an issue as he wasn't phased by it.
Well now, not only has it grown, it's no longer scabby but looks sore!
I just bathed him in a medicated anti itch shampoo (his paws have been bothering him lately) and noticed it, so grabbed a photo.

Any need for concern? We haven't found a vet in the new area yet and are pretty tight on cash, so hoping it's something we can cure from home.

IMG_0897[1].JPG

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0891[1].JPG

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Looks like it. Try to cut the hair around the area, wash in an antibacterial soap and keep dry. Should go aw ya in a week or so.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree with David --- it is a hotspot, shave the are to help keep it clean, then clean with antibacterial soap and keep DRY.... dry is key

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I also agree with David and Christine that this looks like the beginning of a hot spot. Trim the hair around the spot, wash the area with an antibacterial/anti fungal shampoo, and keep it dry. You can also try cleaning it with witch hazel, and a rinse with equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and warm water is also good at killing the bacteria. I hope it clears up soon.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
So glad to hear the trip went well. I have been wondering how things were. What airline did you fly with and did you use a pet transportation company?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agree also, looks like a hot spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Agree with what the others have said. I posted what I do and then realized ya'll were talking about a hotspot and I was thinking ringworm. My bad

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.