Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So sorry to hear the news, and sorry for your loss. Rest in peace baby girl.

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
So sorry you have lost Paisley, these are always very hard threads to read and always have us in tears so I can not imagine how you must feel, they really are very special little dogs.

Miss Charlotte

Jan 31, 2015
Elizabeth,NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlotte
I am so sorry for your loss! Run free paisley. I started reading the thread and as posts went on I was hoping and praying, and then the post of the beautiful way you put her to rest.. In tears. You are hurting now --so sending some bully strength and hugs your way. Ugh I'm sorry.

OP
chad branham

chad branham

Oct 16, 2015
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Paisley Marie Bamboozler
image.jpg
This is Paisley and I, December 2013 in my front yard. She loved the snow when it wasn't too deep, haha. I'm having a very difficult time adjusting at home. I know it's only been 1 day, but I've been heartbroken 2 weeks fearing this. She actually gave me a few kisses on the face before she laid down and couldn't raise up any longer yesterday. Luckily I have a wild, funny little 1 year old boy (human) who keeps me on my toes. I'm also a police officer so I stay super busy at work. I just can't go more than a minute without thinking of her.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
View attachment 92406
This is Paisley and I, December 2013 in my front yard. She loved the snow when it wasn't too deep, haha. I'm having a very difficult time adjusting at home. I know it's only been 1 day, but I've been heartbroken 2 weeks fearing this. She actually gave me a few kisses on the face before she laid down and couldn't raise up any longer yesterday. Luckily I have a wild, funny little 1 year old boy (human) who keeps me on my toes. I'm also a police officer so I stay super busy at work. I just can't go more than a minute without thinking of her.

Thank you for loving her so much.... Many if us have been here and the pain lessens but the love will always be with you... Think and talk about her all you need to, it helps get through the grief

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
View attachment 92406

What a great pictures. Memories like these are irreplaceable - live in those sweet moments. She had the BEST life, with the best Daddy. A lot of dogs don't get that :(

I could look at pics of her for days. We don't know why things happen, and why she was taken at such a young age, but we do know she is no longer suffering. I hope that when the day comes for us, I have the same amount of strength, and love that you have for sweet Paisley.

We'd love to see more pics; and we're all here for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
View attachment 92406

Chad I also worked in Toronto with Metro for 13 years left and went on to other things and em now retired , small world , I spent weeks trying to find out why Tilly passed due to the same thing I was and can still get upset about it as i did when you let us know Paisley passed. I had been to this site way before I got her to learn about the breed and ask questions spent almost a year picking out a breeder . Tilly turned 4 the week she passed and i still miss her terrible , there are a ton of steps to grieving My friend its also like someone came along and cut your arm off some days , This place helped Me so much just having the people here that have gone thru the loss and were amazing just to talk to and get involved with on the site . I lasted four months and decided to Get another ( My wife said I was not fun to be around much ) I so missed the breed being around Me , now that might not be for you Chad it was for Me , I also have 4 other dogs , kids are gone , live in the country 6 acres for the dogs to run on ect ect . Do Me a favor hang around , with your experience as a bully owner there are lots of people need advice on the breed , get involved on the site post some pics when your ready we love pics around here , once your little one ( Human lol ) is off to bed it is a great place to come and relax shoot the breeze help some out . Here is a pic speaking of snow of My Tilly playing with My Siberian Husky Willow 013.jpg006.jpg first pic is Willow teaching Tilly to hunt for mice under the snow , 2nd is Tilly stuck in the snow
Hope to see you around soon chad
Nat

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
God Bless You Chad, I know how hard it is to loose a Beloved 4 Legged Baby. Paisley Run with the Angels Sweet Heart, You have Your Wings Now. Chad you will see Your Paisley One Day to Never Part again. Love and Sending Prayers to Your Chad.

OP
chad branham

chad branham

Oct 16, 2015
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Paisley Marie Bamboozler
image.jpg
All of your guys Bulldogs are beautiful as well. Thanks for sharing stories and pictures with me.
This is a pic of paisley asleep with my wife on our couch.
I'm going through some hard regrets. I mean, two weeks ago she started showing signs. Then she seemed to get a little better. Then, bad again and had the biopsys. She was ok for a couple days after that, but then she lost her vision, wouldn't eat, wouldn't drink unless it was from the creek. She literally couldn't even open her eyes. She couldn't control her poop very well. I don't know. I'm going through that stage now where I'm wondering if I should have tried to fight it. Once I learned lymphoma couldn't be cured and she couldn't see I couldn't stand to see her in that condition anymore

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
View attachment 92412
All of your guys Bulldogs are beautiful as well. Thanks for sharing stories and pictures with me.
I'm going through some hard regrets. I mean, two weeks ago she started showing signs. Then she seemed to get a little better. Then, bad again and had the biopsys. She was ok for a couple days after that, but then she lost her vision, wouldn't eat, wouldn't drink unless it was from the creek. She literally couldn't even open her eyes. She couldn't control her poop very well. I don't know. I'm going through that stage now where I'm wondering if I should have tried to fight it. Once I learned lymphoma couldn't be cured and she couldn't see I couldn't stand to see her in that condition anymore

Chad you made the right decision to end her suffering… I think this is the hardest part when losing a beloved pet, the "What If" scenario that we play in our minds for days. This has happened to me several times over the last couple of years, and to be extremely honest about it the members here at EBN literally held my hand for weeks/months afterwards. There is NOTHING you could of done for your girl to change the outcome unfortunately… BUT you were there for her and loved her in those final days. You gave her what she needed the most, and that is what you need to focus on right now. I believe that we will meet our babies again one day at the Rainbow Bridge… and I know it my heart that your baby girl Paisley will be waiting for you when the time comes :heartsign:

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Re: Sick bulldog

Very sorry. It is an inevitable reality of eventually losing a love one. Please find comfort knowing that she was very fortunate to have a very loving family till the end. We grieve and feel the pain but time will heal this. God bless you and your family.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Re: Sick bulldog

I'm very sorry for your loss. You did everything you could for your baby.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
View attachment 92412

Chad what your going thru is all part of Grieving take it from Me , I search the internet about the disease , I looked at and changed all the dogs i have food , I searched to see if Bulldogs get this type of disease more then others and that took Me too the purebred versus mixed breeds and who gets cancer more and so on and so on , I also blamed Myself for not paying attention to possible signs , that would not have changed anything I found out . Tilly after repeated tries of Biopsy's and the lab saying they did not have enough of a sample to give a correct opinion. ( that went on 3 times and as you know takes time to get results ) After My vet sent the last sample and knew they had received it , got on the phone and rung there chain for a diagnosis , in the end Tilly was given untreated 4 weeks 8 weeks if treated , steroids were the drug of choice Tilly made it too 7 weeks before I made the decision . Chad there was nothing you could have done bud I am sorry to say I now realize there was nothing I could have done either . Hurts like hell bud you hang in go thru the process and understand that it is a process I still em . Keep in touch eh

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
Dear Chad, I am so sorry for your loss - that you had to let your sweet little bullygirl go and had to take this heartbreaking decision. But it has been the right decision against this merciless disease - a decision full of love inseperable related being full of grief.

Your sweet beloved angel bullygirl, you and your family are in the thoughts and in the hearts of all of us.
RIP sweet Paisley :heart:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.