Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Re: Sick bulldog

Please do not give your Precious Bully trifexis, it is a killer in dogs. I Pray that Paisley will get all better, sending Loads Of Love and Prayers to Her.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Paisley can not see at all today! I need a contact for my vet

Sending prayers and positive toughts to you and your baby girl! How is she today? Is she still eating the wet food? Any update from your vet?

OP
chad branham

chad branham

Oct 16, 2015
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Paisley Marie Bamboozler

Paisley is completely blind right now. Won't eat or drink. She had to go stay with the vet for fluids and monitoring because she woke up vomiting. She tried to poop but couldn't. She did have a biopsy done, hose results should be in tomorrow. Her swelling is actually down some, but she is lifeless and looks so pitiful and bad

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Paisley is completely blind right now. Won't eat or drink. She had to go stay with the vet for fluids and monitoring because she woke up vomiting. She tried to poop but couldn't. She did have a biopsy done, hose results should be in tomorrow. Her swelling is actually down some, but she is lifeless and looks so pitiful and bad

Sending prayers and positive thoughts..... please keep us posted as you get information and how you baby girl is doing.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

I'm so very sorry to hear this… hopefully you will get some answers tomorrow, please keep us posted on your girl!!!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,

Ok good , hang in there Chad lets hope it is not My Friend
I have gone threw this app 4 months ago , now sometimes the Biopsy is not a confirmation as they might not have got enough of a sample , they might have to try again and your vet might have to get onto the Lab to get results push that , some steroids help with the breathing issues .
Please let Me know how you make out this is close to My heart m8 hang in there ok .

OP
chad branham

chad branham

Oct 16, 2015
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
The vet called. She said that paisley could possibly have a rare case of juvenile cellulitis. She said she has pus in her throat, swollen tonsils, and inflammation in her eyes, causing the cloudiness. She said these are not very common symptoms
of lymphoma. However, we will know more tomorrow. She started pais on some steroids tonight. She had held off on those because they can hinder treatment for cancer, but said she didn't want it to get any worse and couldn't afford to wait.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww so sorry to hearse has gotten worse. I hope and pray you get results soon, and they are not Lymphoma. I hope the vet can figure out what is causing her symptoms. I've heard bad things about Trifexis as well, we use Revolution with great results and no side effects. Please keep us posted and let us know when you get the test results. Sending love, hugs and prayers your way.

OP
chad branham

chad branham

Oct 16, 2015
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
The vet has already agreed that if she makes it through this she is going back on confortis and not trifexis

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
The vet called. She said that paisley could possibly have a rare case of juvenile cellulitis. She said she has pus in her throat, swollen tonsils, and inflammation in her eyes, causing the cloudiness. She said these are not very common symptoms
of lymphoma. However, we will know more tomorrow. She started pais on some steroids tonight. She had held off on those because they can hinder treatment for cancer, but said she didn't want it to get any worse and couldn't afford to wait.

Hmm… I goggled juvenile cellulitis, and another word for this is puppy strangles. Walter HAD puppy strangles, now he got his as a young puppy… his face swelled up and I rushed him to the vets thinking that he was stung or bitten by something. He was given a course of steroids, and the swelling stopped. Walter was back to normal in about a week's time… his face swelling was completely gone. I'm not sure about extreme symptoms, but from what I can gather if they catch this early on it's completely treatable. I REALLY hope that you can get some answers tomorrow… :hug:

OP
chad branham

chad branham

Oct 16, 2015
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
I hope so! She just started steroids tonight. Tomorrow will be a little over 2 weeks since the initial symptoms, bad breath followed by swelling of the throat and face

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.