Thread: Very Sick bulldog

Country
    united states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Paisley Marie Bamboozler
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Very Sick bulldog

-image-jpg
    All of your guys Bulldogs are beautiful as well. Thanks for sharing stories and pictures with me.
    This is a pic of paisley asleep with my wife on our couch.
    I'm going through some hard regrets. I mean, two weeks ago she started showing signs. Then she seemed to get a little better. Then, bad again and had the biopsys. She was ok for a couple days after that, but then she lost her vision, wouldn't eat, wouldn't drink unless it was from the creek. She literally couldn't even open her eyes. She couldn't control her poop very well. I don't know. I'm going through that stage now where I'm wondering if I should have tried to fight it. Once I learned lymphoma couldn't be cured and she couldn't see I couldn't stand to see her in that condition anymore

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by chad branham View Post
    -image-jpg
    All of your guys Bulldogs are beautiful as well. Thanks for sharing stories and pictures with me.
    I'm going through some hard regrets. I mean, two weeks ago she started showing signs. Then she seemed to get a little better. Then, bad again and had the biopsys. She was ok for a couple days after that, but then she lost her vision, wouldn't eat, wouldn't drink unless it was from the creek. She literally couldn't even open her eyes. She couldn't control her poop very well. I don't know. I'm going through that stage now where I'm wondering if I should have tried to fight it. Once I learned lymphoma couldn't be cured and she couldn't see I couldn't stand to see her in that condition anymore
    Chad you made the right decision to end her suffering… I think this is the hardest part when losing a beloved pet, the "What If" scenario that we play in our minds for days. This has happened to me several times over the last couple of years, and to be extremely honest about it the members here at EBN literally held my hand for weeks/months afterwards. There is NOTHING you could of done for your girl to change the outcome unfortunately… BUT you were there for her and loved her in those final days. You gave her what she needed the most, and that is what you need to focus on right now. I believe that we will meet our babies again one day at the Rainbow Bridge… and I know it my heart that your baby girl Paisley will be waiting for you when the time comes

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

3. Likes nycbullymama, 2BullyMama, mackbob liked this post
    Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Sick bulldog

Very sorry. It is an inevitable reality of eventually losing a love one. Please find comfort knowing that she was very fortunate to have a very loving family till the end. We grieve and feel the pain but time will heal this. God bless you and your family.
    Hug your bully today

5. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Sick bulldog

I'm very sorry for your loss. You did everything you could for your baby.
    My smooshy face boy!

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

-image-jpg
    Chad what your going thru is all part of Grieving take it from Me , I search the internet about the disease , I looked at and changed all the dogs i have food , I searched to see if Bulldogs get this type of disease more then others and that took Me too the purebred versus mixed breeds and who gets cancer more and so on and so on , I also blamed Myself for not paying attention to possible signs , that would not have changed anything I found out . Tilly after repeated tries of Biopsy's and the lab saying they did not have enough of a sample to give a correct opinion. ( that went on 3 times and as you know takes time to get results ) After My vet sent the last sample and knew they had received it , got on the phone and rung there chain for a diagnosis , in the end Tilly was given untreated 4 weeks 8 weeks if treated , steroids were the drug of choice Tilly made it too 7 weeks before I made the decision . Chad there was nothing you could have done bud I am sorry to say I now realize there was nothing I could have done either . Hurts like hell bud you hang in go thru the process and understand that it is a process I still em . Keep in touch eh
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

8. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Pet Sitter
    Country
    Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Püppy
    Likes (Received)

Dear Chad, I am so sorry for your loss - that you had to let your sweet little bullygirl go and had to take this heartbreaking decision. But it has been the right decision against this merciless disease - a decision full of love inseperable related being full of grief.

Your sweet beloved angel bullygirl, you and your family are in the thoughts and in the hearts of all of us.
    RIP sweet Paisley

Real Name
    Luke
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goomba
    Likes (Received)

So sorry to hear about your loss, Chad. It's crazy how fast something can happen with no warning whatsoever. I hope you and your wife can find some comfort knowing that she isn't sick anymore. I too believe that you made the right choice given the circumstances you were in. Unfortunately it's never easy... Sorry man

Potty Trainer Become a 4 Paw Member mackbob's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bob (Bobman)
    Likes (Received)

It's with a heavy heart that I write this. Paisley girl passed away tonight. Her test results came back positive for lymphoma and it was extremely aggressive. She had also went blind and would not eat or drink. We made the decision to put her to sleep and the vet agreed it was best because she was so miserable. She passed in my arms and was happy to be with me. We love her and always will. I buried her at home, in her UK blanket she had from day one. We love you paisley girl, we miss you and will always remember the happiness you brought us. I'm so devastated I can't put it into words so I won't even try.
    Chad, I am so beyond sorry that you're going through this. But you showed her the greatest display of love and compassion by not allowing her to suffer for another second. That is true love. Keeping you and Paisley in my thoughts and prayers.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Remove Ads