punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
First of all i panic with a broken toe nail but i am getting a little better.. ok,, i will be brief if i can,.

My rescue Rocky had the very bad tail pocket infection when we got him.. after rounds of medication the only solution was tail amputation.. we did this and all was great.. healed up nice no more smelly tail and bloody puss , sorry so graphic but trying to let you know how bad it was,, anyway.. all is been going fine and i still keep an eye on everything thing my dogs to that seem out of the norm..

. so, rocky goes out to do his business and comes back in and i get a baby wipe to clean his bum because sometimes it isn't always as clean as it should be..

well, today i wipe it after and notice a little bit of blood.. bright red, wasn't very much and i get a closer look.. yeah, i check them all out this way.. and don't see anything just a little red, i wipe it again and just a drop again.. few minutes later it looks fine.. so why does it look red and irritated when he does his business then few minutes later hes ok.?? should i not wipe it or use something else.. and the few drops of blood had me concerned.. i'm going to call vet but i am afraid she won't be able to see anything if hes not doing his business..

he is ok with me cleaning it and don't act like it is bothering him like when he had his bad infection.. and there doesn't look to have any blood in his stool... any ideas? do i panic now or remain calm for now..
:nervous:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
First of all i panic with a broken toe nail but i am getting a little better.. ok,, i will be brief if i can,.

My rescue Rocky had the very bad tail pocket infection when we got him.. after rounds of medication the only solution was tail amputation.. we did this and all was great.. healed up nice no more smelly tail and bloody puss , sorry so graphic but trying to let you know how bad it was,, anyway.. all is been going fine and i still keep an eye on everything thing my dogs to that seem out of the norm..

. so, rocky goes out to do his business and comes back in and i get a baby wipe to clean his bum because sometimes it isn't always as clean as it should be..

well, today i wipe it after and notice a little bit of blood.. bright red, wasn't very much and i get a closer look.. yeah, i check them all out this way.. and don't see anything just a little red, i wipe it again and just a drop again.. few minutes later it looks fine.. so why does it look red and irritated when he does his business then few minutes later hes ok.?? should i not wipe it or use something else.. and the few drops of blood had me concerned.. i'm going to call vet but i am afraid she won't be able to see anything if hes not doing his business..

he is ok with me cleaning it and don't act like it is bothering him like when he had his bad infection.. and there doesn't look to have any blood in his stool... any ideas? do i panic now or remain calm for now..
:nervous:

Hi Gail, it wouldn't hurt to have the vet check out his behind, just to make sure it isn't anything serious. The blood could be there because of irritation from the wiping, are you using sensitive, unscented wipes?, it could be coming from his anal glands, maybe they are irritated, it could be caused by hard poop, maybe he's a little constipated and its scratching his tissue as he passes his stool? The vet can examine him and better determine where the blood is coming from. You should also take a stool sample for him to check as well. I hope it's nothing serious, and he's okay. Please keep us posted.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It could be from straining... Is the poo firm/hard?

OP
punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
yes i am using the sensitive wipes and his poop isn't real hard.. but not soft.. i can scoop it up ok.. not like a constipation hard.. i think its normal ... i will call the vet in morning because if i never see it again i will still be thinking about it and worrying.. it was impossible to not fall in love with this boy.. it just amazes me that anyone would let him go.. he loves to play.. although he is my little theft .. today he calmly walked into the kitchen where i was standing at the sink and so fast jumped up and grabbed my dish towel that was hanging from the counter and ran.. then he stops with it hanging from his mouth to look and see if i was going to come get it from him... of course it was play time form then on.. love that big bull..

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.