Trouble jumping on furniture

Tracey

Sep 25, 2010
Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
MooShi and Owen
Need some advice . MooShi , my 6 yr old fur baby , has been having a hard time jumping up on furniture lately .And once in awhile if she has been sitting a certain way she will limp for a short time after getting up. Is this normal for a dog her age and any tips advice on a good supplement to give her . I hate to see her struggle in any way and feel she is still so young to be going threw this .Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Need some advice . MooShi , my 6 yr old fur baby , has been having a hard time jumping up on furniture lately .And once in awhile if she has been sitting a certain way she will limp for a short time after getting up. Is this normal for a dog her age and any tips advice on a good supplement to give her . I hate to see her struggle in any way and feel she is still so young to be going threw this .Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, around this age you may start to see signs of arthritis. I would get her on a good joint supplement. We use Nujoint Double Strength for Tyson, but anything that has MSM(Methylsulfonylmethane), Glucosamine, and Chondroitin is what you need. Should give her some relief, if its really bad one day - and you have a heating pad, that along with a nice massage will help soothe the joints a bit. But I would definitely get her on a supplement - they love them anyway, we use ours as treats, Tyson loves them.

OP
Tracey

Tracey

Sep 25, 2010
Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
MooShi and Owen
Thank u Jessica, I will try anything for my babies, appreciate your help ��

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Day 3 Rosie 003.jpg We purchased these stairs for our 11 year old Diva same issues she was just getting old , You can get them at Amazon.ca or Com , the cover is washable and so far it has never slipped out from underneath here as she uses it , this one is good for 75lbs , We also have a 4 step one for the bed. Rosie our 11 week old pup used them the first week she was home , the steps are deep and wide for them and balance , worked very well for us.

OP
Tracey

Tracey

Sep 25, 2010
Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
MooShi and Owen
Thanks Nat, just never think a 6 year old w arthritis but will do whatever I have to , to keep her healthy and happy. Hoping to have many more years with my princess!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Thanks Nat, just never think a 6 year old w arthritis but will do whatever I have to , to keep her healthy and happy. Hoping to have many more years with my princess!

Tilly was close to 3 when she needed elbow surgery so some times age is not the only reason with this breed , lol the problem with them is there stubborn like Me and do not know when to stop doing things they should not Diva at 11 so far has not had to many joint issues thank God just stiff like her owner lol

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

Not in bullies. Their joints & overall build makes them pretty prone to it :(

Side note: elevated feeders help with joints a lot too since they don't have completely bend down to eat or drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KatieToth

Julius-K9 Sales Representative
Jun 7, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Noah Jack
Swimming would be great for her. I know it would be a lot of work for you to get her there, but maybe even in a bath tub it would help her a lot. Jack needed some physical therapy awhile ago, so we bough a swimming harness from Julius k9, and it had extra flooding pads so I was able to control the pressure on him. Swimming helped us sooo much, and he got more active in such short time. I guess they need that daly activity in order to keep all their joints healthy, but on ground it is a lot harder and could cause issues like yours. This is coming from my vet.

OP
Tracey

Tracey

Sep 25, 2010
Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
MooShi and Owen
Thanks everyone, she does have elevated feeder, def get some supplements. Guess we r gonna have to join YMCA for swimming pool lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.