Daphnee

Apr 7, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
daphnee
10 1/2 yo Bully, usual allergy problems. She does the reverse sneezing , every now and then, where she's like trying to snort and clear her nose. But has never had it happen like this. It's like there's a blockage or something, but can't think of how / what / when it would have happened. THE ONLY thing could be a piece of kibble, but can't be, right?? She has never had a toy with that noise maker thing in it, so it's not that. She started doing this yesterday, did it twice, and once today. It's scary as hell. No rhyme or reason why, did it today after waking up on the couch. Had been sleeping for hour or so, uneventful. Besides these 3 events, everything is normal, no breathing issues at any other time.. I am currently out of work, and can't be to jumpy on going to the vet, but almost have to if these keeps up.

Here is the link

https://youtu.be/7qQEg-xMC24

p.s. Now that I mentioned the noise maker thing, I kinda giggled watching this video again..

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I know that when Tyson is reverse sneezing, I cover his nostrils with my fingers, which forces him to breath from his mouth & it's over in seconds. But I don't know about your girl, does she have any other symptoms? Sounds like it could be in her chest? Now that she's older I would moisten her kibble to make it softer, easier to digest and get down. Is she okay now? Just has small episodes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D

Daphnee

Apr 7, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
daphnee
I heard that reverse sneezing is them just trying to clear their nose, like how guys will snort. She's ok now, will go back to adding water to her kib, we stopped cuz she had a GI issue a couple weeks back, but she has been clear of that for awhile now.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How is she now... Ok rest of night?

OP
D

Daphnee

Apr 7, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
daphnee
No episodes since, giving benadryl a shot, maybe help dry things up a little..

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Hope she just had this one episode, never heard anything like this! Must be scary for you too. If this continues you must at least call a veterinarian. In this case maybe they can just look at the video and say if it's smethimg that needs to be treated.

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
Sounds like there is a kazoo in there! How's she doing now?

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
In my opinion. Vet. Take to the vet. We have been down this road before and it didn't end good. Any breathing issues require a Vet visit. Safe than sorry.

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
My two pugs have reverse sneezing episodes more often than my EB Canello. So far no episode was long or rough enough to go to the vet. They've been able to clear it. Of course we watch them like Hawks when it happens.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.