Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Help-My puppy possibly swallowed a chicken wing bone

Quote Originally Posted by nycbullymama View Post
    @CCandMurray

Oh man, I could of wrote your thread two years ago. In fact, I did (well almost the exact same thing http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...cken-wing.html )

Hubs was eating Buffalo wings and dropped one. Blue was on it faster than well.. you know.

Anyway, he pooped it out a few days later. Just keep an eye on his movements and check to see if he passed it. I remember my vet saying give lots of bread to make him go.
    thank you so much for asking, the more I'm hearing that I'm not the first person this has happened to the less I feel like a horrible person that it happened! He's doing alright we're about day 4 on the bland diet. Truthfully? The first day I didn't look for it but I haven't seen it yet...but I also haven't been like poking around in his stool looking for it which perhaps I should! His stool is still a little loose I gave him more bread and chicken broth tonight but he seems like he's feeling fine. I'm wondering if I should wait a few more days and take him to have an X-ray to see for sure if it has passed or not, would love anyone's opinion on that!

4. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mybrindlegirl View Post
    Yes - how is Murray? I hope your little boy is ok
    thank you both so much for asking! He's doing pretty well but I haven't seen sign of the bone yet I'm wondering if maybe he chewed it would be in little pieces that would be small to see...we've got a few more days on the bland diet which Murray is loving! And who could blame him, ground beef and rice is a pretty good dinner! And I'm trying to decide if I should still take him to have X-rays to see if it's passed or not

6. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CCandMurray View Post
    thank you both so much for asking! He's doing pretty well but I haven't seen sign of the bone yet I'm wondering if maybe he chewed it would be in little pieces that would be small to see...we've got a few more days on the bland diet which Murray is loving! And who could blame him, ground beef and rice is a pretty good dinner! And I'm trying to decide if I should still take him to have X-rays to see if it's passed or not
    Glad he's doing ok! Most likely he digested the chicken wing. I feed my guys raw, the whole prey kind, and a raw chicken quarter (bones and all) is a regular part of their diet. And they never pass a whole bone or pieces of bone after consuming one.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

8. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads