Anybody else using taste of the wild food and having diarrhea problems?

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Hey guys hoping you can help. My pup Murray is 6 months old...he may or may not have eaten a piece of a chicken wing last night that my boyfriend wasn't sure made it into the garbage but I checked his mouth thoroughly right after and didn't find anythinng. This morning he woke up and vomited a little outside but not a lot, I gave him a half of a Pepcid (something my vet had recommended and he seemed better after that, no more vomiting and gave him breakfast which he ate and was fine, he had dinner tonight but his stool has gotten looser now to the point of diarrhea. He has been on taste of the wild puppy since I've gotten him and I'm following the feeding guidelines but I'm wondering if maybe he's eating too much? He gets two cups in the morning and two at dinner, he weighs around 40 pounds and is playful and active I've never had the vet say he's overweight. He's eating and drinking normally and I can't visually seen any worms in his stool...I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice or has been through anything similar and what I should do. Any advice would be helpful! Thanks so much

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Help please diarrhea of unknown origin possibly related to swallowed chicken wing or food

Okay so I feel like the more I'm reading on other posts with dogs and diarrhea the more I'm freaking out about it. He really does seem fine other than the diarrhea, what should I do to treat the diarrhea or should I go in full blown panic mode and take him to an emergency clinic?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=14810]CCandMurray[/MENTION] I also feed TOTW,but not the puppy, as mine are grown. It is possible he is getting too much at one time. If you are home, you could try splitting it to 3 times a day. You could also try cutting down a litttle on the amount twice a day, and a some pure pumpkin to his food. It comes canned-but not pumpkin pie mix-it has to be just pure pumpkin. Hope this helps!

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
[MENTION=14810]CCandMurray[/MENTION] I also feed TOTW,but not the puppy, as mine are grown. It is possible he is getting too much at one time. If you are home, you could try splitting it to 3 times a day. You could also try cutting down a litttle on the amount twice a day, and a some pure pumpkin to his food. It comes canned-but not pumpkin pie mix-it has to be just pure pumpkin. Hope this helps!
thank you! I texted my vet who is unfortunately on vacation in Colorado (we're in upstate New York) and she said if he vomits again to take him in and told me to try a bland diet hamburger and rice for 7 days. I'm worried it might be the chicken wing I even dug through the garbage, ordered a dozen wings last night, three were uneaten but only 8 bones accounted for :( granted I did not count them before I started eating them.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My Bella swallowed a baby bird alive years ago… I had to watch her like a hawk until she threw it up. If he's getting sick, you need to take him to an emergency vet to get an x-ray done… it could be a blockage from that wing.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
thank you! I texted my vet who is unfortunately on vacation in Colorado (we're in upstate New York) and she said if he vomits again to take him in and told me to try a bland diet hamburger and rice for 7 days. I'm worried it might be the chicken wing I even dug through the garbage, ordered a dozen wings last night, three were uneaten but only 8 bones accounted for :( granted I did not count them before I started eating them.

how is he doing today?

Brian Melton

Aug 8, 2015
Bucks County, Pa.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Are you feeding Murray a chicken based dog food? If so, he could have a chicken allergy....Charlie was the same way until we switched to Acanas pork kibble combined with a tablespoon of raw pumpkin-priceless!!!! Charlie has been a solid poop factory for the last two months

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Are you feeding Murray a chicken based dog food? If so, he could have a chicken allergy....Charlie was the same way until we switched to Acanas pork kibble combined with a tablespoon of raw pumpkin-priceless!!!! Charlie has been a solid poop factory for the last two months
nope the flavor has bison and venison and I've given him chicken and rice blue buffalo treats and he's never had a reaction to them. Now the chicken wing bone is proving to be a different story :(

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I feed TOTW's Bison & Venison also, no issues.

At 6 months I think you can switch to adult kibble
and feed 1 & 1/2 cups twice daily. Check this tho,
haven't had a puppy in a long time.

If he's not vomiting, do as Lynn (and Vet) suggests,
boiled chicken & white rice for a week. If he starts
vomiting and the runs persists, take him in.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.