Don't no were to turn or what to do !!!

cocopopsandmeay123

Aug 31, 2014
So for years my girl coco has constant ear infections she gets them we do the usual clean it give it antibiotics then it clears and starts all over again !!!

We switched to raw for a week and had a bad experience with her chocking so we put her back on dry food.
Ano she was only on it for a week but we didn't notice any improvement and she wasn't drinking and seemed constipated.. Any way so she and my boy bulldog have red paws bad ear infection and wrinkle infection so there both back on antibiotics!!! This is the 1st time meaty has had bad ears or wrinkles.

So my questions are. What can I do to put a stop to the reciting infections for my girl ?

We literally have tryed all sorts. Coconut oil . Shampoo in malasep can't spell it. Cleaning every day ?? Any ideas or advice will be gratefully accepted.

We're in the UK and feed them a dry food called skinners. We've tryed every food near enough and this one is the one that seems to have the least side effects ??

Il post some pics below. Thanks in advance guys. Jemma coco and meaty.
489e8eb006d649394f439ab4d1744c27.jpg
9af4680ccde3c8dbb1474d7e4633d51f.jpg
82dabb378100f16647bc4a0de16ccf6f.jpg
075f2136e27986507c82dcd4524b4c66.jpg

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Your babies are beautiful!!! I don't know if they have The Honest Kitchen in the UK. But that's another great option vs kibble. Kibble just never worked for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
For the nose wrinkle- dry and clean, dry and clean, dry and clean. That's the mantra.

For the ears, the same- dry and clean, dry and clean, dry and clean. Mantra ;)

I know some of our UK members here feed James WellBeloved. Stick with the gran free Grain free - James Wellbeloved

To keep her nose rope yeast free, you can try Douxo, Trizchlor 4, or mal-a-ket. All comes in wipes and you should be able to order them from Amazon.
I would clean her nose wrinkle daily until you see no more red/brown guck on the pad. Then switch to weekly.

For ears, she may require a weekly cleaning with Malacetic Otic (also can be found on Amazon). If you stick with a weekly ear cleaning routine, you may
cut down on the infections.

Your babies are adorable!! Good luck :)

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You been given great advice from above members above already regarding cleaning and caring for the ears and folds, and food. I hope they clear up soon.

I battle allergy issues with my guys, especially Bulldozer. I give them some natural supplements to help with allergy symptoms. I add plain unsweetened yogurt to their morning kibble for the probiotics, which is good for controlling yeast and for boosting the immune system which will help to fight infections and allergy symptoms. I also add apple cider vinegar to their drinking water everyday. There are many health benefits to ACV, it is a natural anti fungal and anti bacterial and boosts the immune system. I also add Kelp to their evening kibble.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
So for years my girl coco has constant ear infections she gets them we do the usual clean it give it antibiotics then it clears and starts all over again !!!

We switched to raw for a week and had a bad experience with her chocking so we put her back on dry food.
Ano she was only on it for a week but we didn't notice any improvement and she wasn't drinking and seemed constipated.. Any way so she and my boy bulldog have red paws bad ear infection and wrinkle infection so there both back on antibiotics!!! This is the 1st time meaty has had bad ears or wrinkles.

So my questions are. What can I do to put a stop to the reciting infections for my girl ?

We literally have tryed all sorts. Coconut oil . Shampoo in malasep can't spell it. Cleaning every day ?? Any ideas or advice will be gratefully accepted.

We're in the UK and feed them a dry food called skinners. We've tryed every food near enough and this one is the one that seems to have the least side effects ??

Il post some pics below. Thanks in advance guys. Jemma coco and meaty.
489e8eb006d649394f439ab4d1744c27.jpg
9af4680ccde3c8dbb1474d7e4633d51f.jpg
82dabb378100f16647bc4a0de16ccf6f.jpg
075f2136e27986507c82dcd4524b4c66.jpg
I think you may have luck with The Honest Kitchen. I had Brutus on it and he has severe allergies to a lot of foods. It is a prepared raw diet. I had Brutus on one that had the protien already in it because his allergies are so bad he needs what is called a novel protien. He did well on the duck protien. While on it, he had no ear infections (which he also has chronically). I eventually took him off of it because he lost a little too much weight for my liking. I now have him on Wellness Basic Duck and Potato Grain Free and he is doing well on it. Which ever way you choose to go, try to stay with a limited ingredient grain free food. Your baby sounds like she has a lot of the same issues Brutus had. You can research novel protiens and see which one works best for you as far as availability. I order my food right from Chewy.com and I love it. I think you will have good results wif you put her on a novel protien. The advice the others have given as far as maintenance is great, but you have to clear up the food first otherwise the infections and redness will not stop. Good luck

tyree213

Nov 26, 2012
New Orleans
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert, Scarlet
You have been given good advice from all members above. You need to treat this from the inside out, so finding a food that would work for her should be priority assuming no major reactions/issues you have to give it enough time before you even know if it is a food that will work for her once you do switch. In addition to the recommendations above I would probably add something that will boost her immune system and destroy the yeast.

Apple Cider Vinegar (I still use this daily)
Organic Plain Unsweetened Kefir (When mine had a yeast problem I used this and it works wonders)

I also use a product from amazon called Pet Superfood (the immunity one) this will give her immune system a big boost.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
the gang has you covered..... clean and dry! Witch hazel is a great cleaner too

And your bully babies are beautiful!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.