Do we have a list somewhere on the frequency of vaccinations?

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Its time for Daisys yearly and I cant remember how often she needs vaccinated. I know some are every year, and some shots are every few years...

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The rabies is the only one that they give every 3 years I think. Busters and Elsa's vet keeps all the records.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
I thought Rabies was every three but got a notice from my town some months back that we needed to update Bass' rabies tag…I asked our vet and she said the first and second shot is yearly then every three years.

I was going to list the DHPP, Lyme and other vaccinations, according to Sea Bass' chart, for you...but decided to search the forum to find a link for you to research for yourself with more experienced bulldog owners…I then read about Titers Testing and thought it should be mentioned here. I can post some links for you if you'd like, but I'm sure you will find info on it if you type "vaccinations" or "titers" in the advanced search. I will post a link from another web page also if you would like some info on this…I'm glad you asked this because I learned a great deal reading about Titers Testing and over vaccinating.

https://www.facebook.com/opierescue/posts/1124295824250863

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
DHPP and Rabies are every three years.

(after the initial vaccines, it's every three 3 years).

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
The guidelines as set forth by the "American Animal Hospital Association", their Canine Vaccination Task Force. Their recommendations are the ones American vets follow.

Here's a link: https://www.aaha.org/public_documents/professional/guidelines/caninevaccineguidelines.pdf
Pages 4-9 shows the frequency of different vaccines.

The core boosters (DHPP) are done every three years. Many vets feel even that's too often. But if your vets insists on yearly vaccinations, I would question why as this is no longer recommended.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.