Isemonger

Oct 3, 2015
Country
New Zealand
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
image.jpgimage.jpg

Hopefully the pic has attached!

Hi my name is Bex and I'm a mum to a gorgeous French bulldog. I wanted to post on here because everyone seemed so helpful!

Dexter has been having a sore foot for a couple of days and today when I looked he screamed :( and it was swollen and had these weird red dots in between his pads.

Is this a rush to the vets or try soaking it? Or something else?

Any help would be amazing

Thank you all :blush2:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    733.3 KB · Views: 107

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, it could either be yeast in the paws, or an Interdigital Cyst, if it is a yeast infection it can be caused by a food allergy, and you can great it by soaking the paws in warm water and apple cider vinegar, or Epsom salts. If it is an Interdigital Cyst, JeannieCo wrote an excellent article on these cysts, what they are, and how to treat them.

Here re is the link to that article. I hope Dexter feels better soon.

English Bulldog News Forums - Interdigital Furuncle / Interdigital Cyst

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That looks like a growth ... maybe a hysto- thingy ( [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION]... maybe?) I would have it checked by the vet to ensure nothing serious

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Doesn't look like a hystiocytoma, maybe a wart? Either way I would definitely try soaking in Epsom salt, or chlorihexidine, or betadyne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
i agree with [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] That looks more like a wart cluster-papilloma(sp). That can be treated with Thuja, or Bloodroot. Both come in liquid with a dropper and you use just a little at a time. Warts sometimes go away by themselves, but if it is painful for him, you could try this-or show your vet.

OP
I

Isemonger

Oct 3, 2015
Country
New Zealand
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
i agree with [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] That looks more like a wart cluster-papilloma(sp). That can be treated with Thuja, or Bloodroot. Both come in liquid with a dropper and you use just a little at a time. Warts sometimes go away by themselves, but if it is painful for him, you could try this-or show your vet.

Thank you all so much for your posts. Went to the vet today and he has pain killers and antibiotics. Once he isn't in so much pain we can take a sample and test it or make a pain. Hoping this will take the inflammation down!

Your posts were so helpful :)

OP
I

Isemonger

Oct 3, 2015
Country
New Zealand
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter

Just wondering if someone can have a look at the new pic

It seems to be bigger?

Does it still look like a wart? The vet was not very good because she wasn't sure what it was. She suggested surgery to remove it which seems extreme?

Going to keep up foot baths but should I get the dropper for him?

Thanks again!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just wondering if someone can have a look at the new pic

It seems to be bigger?

Does it still look like a wart? The vet was not very good because she wasn't sure what it was. She suggested surgery to remove it which seems extreme?

Going to keep up foot baths but should I get the dropper for him?

Thanks again!

Looks to be getting irrittated from walking on it... [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] -- Lynn - thoughts? I am thinking it is nothing serious, but a second opinion with a different vet might not hurt. In the meantime, do the foot soaks

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Well, I am certainly no veterinarian, but from the photos, it still looks like a papilloma virus wart,which could have been picked up from another dog, or from the ground where another dog that had it. They are contagous to dogs, but no other species. If it is bothering him, I would try the thuja, or ask the vet to freeze it off with liquid nitrogen,as I am sure it bothers him to walk. A lot of times they will go away by themselves, but I don't know if it will because of the irritation of walking on it. [MENTION=14886]Isemonger[/MENTION]

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.