Dry eye, or something

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I completely feel like a new mom all over again when it comes to Macon. When I got Henry I had to figure out what worked for him. That is not a general, across the board knowledge. With Macon I'm clueless, again. Everything that comes up with her is a new subject for me. When I decided to adopt I thought I had the basics down, HA what a joke. What I had down was Henry. I have our routine down, when his normal things come up I don't freak out anymore. I know him. With her it's totally different. I'm clueless and find myself doing the same things I did with Henry. Some of you can probably relate to this. Buying 27 of every product trying to find the right one. For whatever reason the "new" bottle of eye drops that she came with has a total of about 4 days use in it. For 2 days before the surgeries I had just used saline to get by. The vet says she won't need the prescription anymore so just get artificial tears. I did and they aren't working. Her eyes are so goopy it's insane. It was like that when I got her but I upped the times a day I used the drops and her eyes were goop free, clear and beautiful, (as beautiful as cloudy damaged eyes can get) and that was with the entropion. Now here is the obsessive dog disorder I have. I went to the store and got 3 more eye drops today. They're all different. How in the world do I choose? They all say for dry eye and like natural tears. I looked back at some old threads and found a couple suggestions. I got Systane, GenTeal and Thera Tears. I'm pretty sure that the ingredients are different from the one I have at home too. Does anyone else have ODD? I do the same with every product I buy for them. It's insanity.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Well, my eye doctor gave me systane. Maybe she would do better with an eye ointment. You could ask your pharmacist what would be the best non prescription one.
I depend on a pharmacist alot. They are usually very helpful.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Maybe you should call the vet and tell them how her eyes are. If they're really goopy she need heavier stuff than just over the counter drops.

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] I talked to them yesterday. They said to hold off coming in until Monday when she gets her stitches out. Unless they get unmanageable, then call back. I cleaned them out this morning again with the saline then did drops and wipes her eyes after a few minutes then did drops again. I used the GenTeal this morning. Hopefully they're better drops and they'll be better today. If not I have 2 others to try. Every time I try to ask the pharmacist the look at me like I'm crazy and avoid answering. Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
is they any color to the goop from her eyes, or is it all clear?

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It's been greenish. It's not as bad today as the last couple days. I think the new eye drops may be working better. She still has quite a bit of discharge though. I was thinking it may take a day or two to get them clear. She's never had clear tears since she's been here.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Stay diligent ... Green could be infection

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.