Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wrinkles are red and irritated ........

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Wrinkles are red and irritated ........

... just had another thought ..... when Maggie is feeling ill her eyes seem to water more, and so we do have problems making sure her eye wrinkles don't get sore. I know maximus has been ill lately which is what made me think of it ...

Dog Park Attendant cadillactaste's Avatar
    Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

First thing...to clear up those nasty sore wrinkles...NOTHING works as well as Pinxav. It "stains" so use it sparingly...But it will clear up any rash fast.

[Learned this when my SIL had a baby and we were vacationing at the ocean...diaper rash + ocean water = raw tushie Pinxav is what was recommended and it cleared up almost over night]

So I've used this on my Tank's wrinkles as well...Just again use it sparingly...and be careful around the eyes.

ALSO...Benadryl...ALLERGY ONLY...What does your dog weigh? 1 pill is 25 mg...so you would give that do a dog that weighs 25 lbs... And go from there...a dog 50 lbs would take two. It maybe an allergy related thing...

But food also can cause issues...believe it or not. I did read others ask you what you were feeding. I switched my food with my bulldogs and was AMAZED at how little I now need to clean their wrinkles...Tank used to have sore and puffy wrinkles at times...and now...NEVER! So that is another area you may want to venture into figuring out.

But definitely once you clean those wrinkles dry them really good.
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

Bulldogs: Tank and Sarge

Australian Shepherd: Ahsoka ~ Sarge's sister from another mother...and father

The rest of my zoo:
    1 Pastel Ball Python - No Feet
    2 chinchillas - Nibbles and Fluffy
    2 Ornate Wood turtles- Franklin and Turkish

Real Name
    Jane Wansley Hofman
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lucy
    Likes (Received)

I am having the same problems with Lucy's face. I clean the folds every single day and they still stay red and inflammed and bleed on and off. I have tried many things. Someone please tell me what I can do to help her and thanks so very much!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fairqueenj View Post
    I am having the same problems with Lucy's face. I clean the folds every single day and they still stay red and inflammed and bleed on and off. I have tried many things. Someone please tell me what I can do to help her and thanks so very much!
    Hi there! Hope we can help. What are you using to clean them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

I've always only blotted wrinkles/ folds with a paper towel and if red I put some nappy rash cream on (sudocrem)

Country
    CANADA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ELLIE 2013-2017....Rocky RIP (2005-2013)
    Likes (Received)

Hi , I had a white bully for 8 years before he went to Rainbow bridge ,and now I have a 10 month Bully . I clean the area and then put a little Penaten baby rash cream on before she goes to bed.. clears it right up . and any tears after that just fall off, the cream is water proof.. Heals very well ...give it a try.. it kept Rocky and Ellie's eye area ..clean and no more red sore spots....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dscn1073-jpg   -100_0475-jpg   -100_0470-jpg  

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Maximus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

the Vet gave me a powder to use on his wrinkles when they get red and irritated and said to avoid all creams and ointments. Also, Maximus eats WELLNESS Core dog food, both canned and dry, Weight Maintenance forumula/Reduced Fat formula. He's been on this food for a long time since he has to lose weight due to his recent ACL injury.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads